Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't Connect GUI

Reaction score
Hey dudes,

I need some help connecting TH to the GUI. I've read all the threads here and nothing seems to be working.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit.
I've installed GUI version 1.1.8, installed the driver when prompted. I got a green check mark next to where it says STMicroelectronics, Status ready for use.

I've started the GUI, plugged in the H and nothing. I've selected both connection ways, port and USB, nothing works. I see that someone here said not to change connection method from serial to USB. I've uninstalled the GUI and reinstalled with a complete computer reboot. I'm using the cable that came with the H. I've tried to manually install driver through device manager, I see in device manager it say Yuneec H but has a yellow triangle next to it. I mean nothing is working.

What is the correct sequence for getting into GUI? Do you open GUI then plug in H? Turn on the H before plugging into USB port or just plug in and let H start itself? Do I plug into body of aircraft or camera, does ST-16 need to be on? Does the SD card play a roll in this? I'm sure it's something stupid but I assure you I've searched the forum and tried everything I could find and still no cigar.

Thanks

Hi there,

The sequence I use is to start the GUI, don't change anything .... Start the H and connect it to your computer. Works every time for me.

This sequence is also detailed in the "Device Information" option on the left hand side of the GUI.

Hope you have success ....

Cheers :cool:

Hi there,

The sequence I use is to start the GUI, don't change anything .... Start the H and connect it to your computer. Works every time for me.

This sequence is also detailed in the "Device Information" option on the left hand side of the GUI.

Hope you have success ....

Cheers :cool:
Yes I followed those instructions from the beginning. With the GUI open, Typhoon H on, then I plug in the USB I briefly get the installing device driver message. Then it says install unsuccessful and no info shows in the GUI.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll be calling Yuneec about the issue.

And speaking of the "GUI", just where do I get a copy of it? I looked on Yuneec's website as per the manual says to do, but I don't find it anywhere. Is it still available??

And speaking of the "GUI", just where do I get a copy of it? I looked on Yuneec's website as per the manual says to do, but I don't find it anywhere. Is it still available??
Yes it's on the website I just checked.
1. Go to yuneec.com
2. Support
3. Downloads
4. Select Typhoon H
5. Software, they have a version for windows and mac now .

Hope this helps.

Yes it's on the website I just checked.
1. Go to yuneec.com
2. Support
3. Downloads
4. Select Typhoon H
5. Software, they have a version for windows and mac now .

Hope this helps.

I tried your advice and went to Yuneec's website. I found the two files, one for MAC and one for Windows, but when I clicked on the Windows version, it came up with the MAC version. So I guess I'll just wait until someone at Yuneec fixes the problem for the downloads.
Thanks anyway,
Mojoe35

I tried your advice and went to Yuneec's website. I found the two files, one for MAC and one for Windows, but when I clicked on the Windows version, it came up with the MAC version. So I guess I'll just wait until someone at Yuneec fixes the problem for the downloads.
Thanks anyway,
Mojoe35
It does say mac but if you choose the windows option it is correct. It should download a zip file, once unzipped you can install it. Some antivirus software will alert that its a virus. If this happens disable antivirus. It's a false positive.

It does say mac but if you choose the windows option it is correct. It should download a zip file, once unzipped you can install it. Some antivirus software will alert that its a virus. If this happens disable antivirus. It's a false positive.

Ok, that worked. I had to also download a new copy of UnZip and while that was installing, it also came up with another program, "STmicroElectronics". I think it's some kind of driver for the Typhoon GUI. At least I've got it installed now and about ready to give it a try.

Thanks again,
Mojoe35

Ok, that worked. I had to also download a new copy of UnZip and while that was installing, it also came up with another program, "STmicroElectronics". I think it's some kind of driver for the Typhoon GUI. At least I've got it installed now and about ready to give it a try.

Thanks again,
Mojoe35
Any update??

Reactions: Johnnb71
Do not use the serial connection selection if connecting via USB. If initially selecting "serial", or failing to select USB since default goes to serial, you may need to uninstall and re-install the GUI for things to work right. Such happened with mine when not making a connection selection the first time around.

Do not use the serial connection selection if connecting via USB. If initially selecting "serial", or failing to select USB since default goes to serial, you may need to uninstall and re-install the GUI for things to work right. Such happened with mine when not making a connection selection the first time around.
I will try that. I read somewhere not to change the connection type. I was able to get TH to connect using another computer without switching to USB. To be honest I now believe the issue is with my computer and not the GUI.

I will try that. I read somewhere not to change the connection type. I was able to get TH to connect using another computer without switching to USB. To be honest I now believe the issue is with my computer and not the GUI.

What did you do as I've tried everything and cannot get it to work!

Can anyone help.

I have Vista and full updated.
Trying to Connect the typhoon H pro to the PC GUI programme, windows. Just cannot get it to work.

Have download the GUI and installed.
Installed the driver 32bit no problem.
Rebooted and started the H
Connected the USB to the PC and then nothing.
Trying to recognise the drivers but cannot find them.
I install manually but still nothing.

Have tried everything I know but still wont recognise the drivers and keeps searching for them.

Is there a problem with GUI programme for the Pro or what.

Am I missing something here as its driving me mad.
Help help, please

Try NOT power on the H. It should power up when you plug in the USB connector.
On mine it would only work if I used the Yuneec supplied USB cable.
It took me several install/uninstall of the drivers before it would work.

To uninstall the drivers for USB, this would be in Devices Manager, but how do you recognize USB that is being used for GUI for TH? Lot of USB ports don't list a name for device they are used for.

11-29-16 Just reinstall of GUI and used serial (USB) and all works fine rotor test, Geo-fence reset, all is good with the world.

AJ

Last edited:
Hey dudes,

I need some help connecting TH to the GUI. I've read all the threads here and nothing seems to be working.
I've installed GUI version 1.1.8, installed the driver when prompted. I got a green check mark next to where it says STMicroelectronics, Status ready for use.

I've started the GUI, plugged in the H and nothing. I've selected both connection ways, port and USB, nothing works. I see that someone here said not to change connection method from serial to USB. I've uninstalled the GUI and reinstalled with a complete computer reboot. I'm using the cable that came with the H. I've tried to manually install driver through device manager, I see in device manager it say Yuneec H but has a yellow triangle next to it. I mean nothing is working.

What is the correct sequence for getting into GUI? Do you open GUI then plug in H? Turn on the H before plugging into USB port or just plug in and let H start itself? Do I plug into body of aircraft or camera, does ST-16 need to be on? Does the SD card play a roll in this? I'm sure it's something stupid but I assure you I've searched the forum and tried everything I could find and still no cigar.

Thanks
Hey dudes,

Thanks
Ozcougar is right,
I couldn't get mine to connect for several tries, got on here and read that you need to put it on USB from serial, but that did nothing different. I just read your post, which is the same issue with mine. I just switched it back to the default of Serial port and it connected.

I had the H turned on, then turned on the GUI, then after I cganged it back to serial, it connected immediately.
Good Luck,

I had to put it back on serial, even though I was using the usb. I also had to turn the H on before connecting, instead of letting it turn on by the computer when I plug into the usb. The computer woulkd turn it on, but it woyuld never connect to GUI. Had to be in serial mode, which makes no sense. Hope this is good Intel even though it make no Real Sense....Ok, little joke there.

I had to put it back on serial, even though I was using the usb. I also had to turn the H on before connecting, instead of letting it turn on by the computer when I plug into the usb. The computer woulkd turn it on, but it woyuld never connect to GUI. Had to be in serial mode, which makes no sense. Hope this is good Intel even though it make no Real Sense....Ok, little joke there.
BTW, I am using Windows 10, so it does work.

Hi, I was having the same issue here. Be sure you are using the proper port on the drone. There's one with a rubber cover, and one right near it that is not covered. The correct setup for Windows 10 is:

Install the software using Admin permissions.
Don't mess with USB / Serial. the correct setting is SERIAL (I realize that makes no sense)
Be sure you are connecting to the MicroUSB port that is NOT covered by the rubber flap

Power on the software, power on the drone, connect cable. All is well. The motor test sounds very cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval