Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Captain Drone prediction 2019 - end of Yuneec?

Pls stick to the subject / thread I started. Other subjects belongs to other forums, I'm really suprised that PatR's is drifting far away.

I’m certainly not a DJI shill but with the highly questionable business decisions Yuneec has made and lack of brand promotion I really can’t see how they expect to survive in a market that’s moving much faster than they are.
I do find Yuneec UK have quite a presence on social media, updates about their flight school and products, videos at drone shows, you can visit in person too, support is responsive, perhaps the other countries should follow suit if they don't already.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I agree. Perhaps if Yuneec had more of an advertising presence in the U.S., where there is presently almost none, they might improve their market share. It’s pretty hard for a new guy to run out and buy a Yuneec product when 9 of the 10 times they encountered a drone or drone advertising it was a different brand.

My earlier post was not as much a “drift” as it was an extension.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Mrgs1
As far as captain drone goes, I couldn’t do better making videos for any brand, so I am not going to knock him.
However, when I look back on the videos he did for yuneec, he had nothing but good to say, for the most part. Now, watching this latest “ review” I notice that suddenly the typhoon H is problematic. Maybe it is about the greenbacks

Don't know if Yuneec is going out of business or not but there are reports of a new H520 RTK in the pipes.
I have no doubts that they are not going out of business, yuneec is one of the main suppliers for drones for the military, with that alone they will stay in business a long time.

I wonder about the health of the drone industry in general. I fly every nice weekend and I never see anyone else with a drone. Local hobby stores seem to be selling far more RC 4 wheelers than drones. And we constantly see stories about Autel, Parrot, or Yuneec not selling too well. Even DJI seems to be holding back on new drones. How long has the Spark been on the market without revision? There has been so much negative news about drones lately (most of it hysterical speculation about terror attacks or passenger plane collisions) that I think many people have been scared off from buying drones or letting their kids get them. It has to be hurting all the companies if super protective suburban parents are putting drones in the same category as BB guns and fireworks. It could put weaker companies out of business. In the end I think DJI and Yuneec will survive because they seem to have shifted their focus to high end and commercial products. Not so sure about the others though.

I have no doubts that they are not going out of business, yuneec is one of the main suppliers for drones for the military, with that alone they will stay in business a long time.

Really? Am I missing something?

Yuneec will survive because they seem to have shifted their focus to high end and commercial products. Not so sure about the others though.

The market does not target the high end consumers, but the mainstream wanting close to a high end product, with build quality. The Mavic 2 is in the price range as the TH Plus, and it came out months later than the TH Plus. The market exploded again in DJI’s favor with their M2 release.

Yuneec can bounce back if they stop selling hype, and listen. Because we the people will back them up if they deliver.

Reactions: PatR
Sounds to me like it's not the product (Yuneec) - its the delivery method.. I enjoy my Typhoon! and plan on purchasing a Matis .. However, I have seen in the past where it's the Sr. Management making the failed decisions that pulls the company down so low where they are about to fail. I would hope that someone above the CEO i.e., stock holders etc ... would pull this person out and put a real business person in the spot and see if we Yuneec owners come out above and beyond DJI... I am not fond of DJI .. Keep in mind some people like Fords some like Chevys .. but I will only own a RAM! .... So most people have a preference in what they want to own .. If they like DJI go for it .. I'll stick with Yuneec till the day I quit flying...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x640536786