Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Captain Drone prediction 2019 - end of Yuneec?

They are? Really? Can the source of that info be made available?

Ya I would really like to see that also ?
Must be the top secret stuff that trump was talking about bing a expert LOL

Reactions: Rubik
I’m certainly not a DJI shill but with the highly questionable business decisions Yuneec has made and lack of brand promotion I really can’t see how they expect to survive in a market that’s moving much faster than they are.

But here's the thing about market forces....At one time Facebook was considered unbeatable. But recently there is doubt about their business. Along came other competitors who do something else slightly differently.

DJI has excelled because there was a period of time when there was a vacuum in the drone market and they figured out what the consumers wanted and filled it. Yuneec didn't quite get it as right as DJI, so they are always trying to play catch up to DJI.

But guess what? Eventually DJI will flounder. There are already cracks in the DJI wall. But assuming DJI continues on for a while, even if Yuneec goes down, someone will challenge Goliath and win. That's the market.

Years ago (5 years actually) I bought a first generation drone from Blade. I loved it and it was state of the art for that time. Some of the technology in that original drone is still around, like geofencing.

So, is geofencing a bad idea? No! It has survived and you will probably see it in all drones eventually. But other bells and whistles have been added to drones as they evolve.

My bottom line is to buy the tech that I want in a drone to do the job I want. If the drone is good quality and I can keep it alive and running, then who cares who goes out of business! Someone else will come along. C'est la vie!

So, is geofencing a bad idea? No! It has survived and you will probably see it in all drones eventually. But other bells and whistles have been added to drones as they evolve.

It is if you have all your permissions in place from the FAA and then need to ask a Chinese company "Mother May I". Worse, DJI is considering monetizing that request where enterprise (commercial) customers would have to pay to unlock their devices. I hear all this talk in our current political climate about a disgust for the "nanny state" mentality, and yet it seems many happily accept DJI being their nanny.

Reactions: PatR
Many kids/folks do not know how to make rational and quick decisions!

best-funny-gifs-of-all-time-and-space-134.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
I was up in North Carolina doing a field exam. I was surprised (no I wasn't) how many people cant read a paper map let alone which way is north.

Do you mean to say that paper maps don’t continue to point to the north as you turn to look south? No wonder they are so hard to reado_O Of course if you are already facing the rising sun, nothing makes sense. ?

Reactions: AH-1G
I was up in North Carolina doing a field exam. I was surprised (no I wasn't) how many people cant read a paper map let alone which way is north.

Hahahaha...

True facts. I bought my son a compass and a map last year, during our road trip to Los Angeles. I had planned the trip, as my dad planned his trips when I was younger, and my father would let me route our POI and final destination. (Before this story gets deeper, my son is a hapa, half Italian/Hawaiian and lives in the islands, and islanders just go about without directions [emoji23] in Hawaii)

Onward to our trip, he always had his headphones on, because he listens to his own music and I am a Beatles, Bee Gees, Stylistics, Tower of power, I have all the low riders hits that I listen to during long trips. #blastfromthepast.

My son sat in the back (because he doesn’t like sitting up front, he can’t properly stretch his long legs) but little did I know, homeboy routed our trip via Goggle Maps that is why he had his headphones so I wouldn’t hear. I got a bit irritated when I found out, because I wanted him to learn how to read a map and use a compass, and his excuse was.. “When the pigs fly” he will start learning how to use ancient tools... lol... I thought it was funny, so I just gave him a high five [emoji1430]

But if that was me responding back to my dad in the same context... BOY!!!! I’m dead..

Reactions: AH-1G
Hahahaha...

True facts. I bought my son a compass and a map last year, during our road trip to Los Angeles. I had planned the trip, as my dad planned his trips when I was younger, and my father would let me route our POI and final destination. (Before this story gets deeper, my son is a hapa, half Italian/Hawaiian and lives in the islands, and islanders just go about without directions [emoji23] in Hawaii)

Onward to our trip, he always had his headphones on, because he listens to his own music and I am a Beatles, Bee Gees, Stylistics, Tower of power, I have all the low riders hits that I listen to during long trips. #blastfromthepast.

My son sat in the back (because he doesn’t like sitting up front, he can’t properly stretch his long legs) but little did I know, homeboy routed our trip via Goggle Maps that is why he had his headphones so I wouldn’t hear. I got a bit irritated when I found out, because I wanted him to learn how to read a map and use a compass, and his excuse was.. “When the pigs fly” he will start learning how to use ancient tools... lol... I thought it was funny, so I just gave him a high five [emoji1430]

But if that was me responding back to my dad in the same context... BOY!!!! I’m dead..

Yep, I’d have been the pig and I’d have been flying. At least across the car.

Facebook’s impending demise was mentioned earlier. Despite their current fall from grace they are still earning a few $ million a day. That cannot be said for Yuneec.

Blade drones and their tech level were also mentioned. I wonder if the poster is aware they were made by Yuneec?

DJI’s geo fencing was mentioned. I wonder if he knows DJI did not do that for safety reasons, but to obtain user data to be used for undisclosed purposes? That is still happening. DJI partnered with Precisionhawk, where the drones.io program, catering to DJI drones and DJI app functions, was created for commercial drone operators. If you want to use the drones.io “contact us” link to contact them it will not work unless you first make your contact list accessible to them, allowing the collection of even more of your data.

Geo fencing is something now most useful to control people that are either incredibly stupid, totally impulsive, blatantly illiterate, or a combination of those, and for governments to impose even greater control over people than they already have. I sort of lean towards believing it’s aimed at the incredibly stupid as many lack the capacity to figure that out by themselves.

Reactions: AH-1G and Phaedrus
Facebook’s impending demise was mentioned earlier. Despite their current fall from grace they are still earning a few $ million a day. That cannot be said for Yuneec.

Blade drones and their tech level were also mentioned. I wonder if the poster is aware they were made by Yuneec?

DJI’s geo fencing was mentioned. I wonder if he knows DJI did not do that for safety reasons, but to obtain user data to be used for undisclosed purposes? That is still happening. DJI partnered with Precisionhawk, where the drones.io program, catering to DJI drones and DJI app functions, was created for commercial drone operators. If you want to use the drones.io “contact us” link to contact them it will not work unless you first make your contact list accessible to them, allowing the collection of even more of your data.

Geo fencing is something now most useful to control people that are either incredibly stupid, totally impulsive, blatantly illiterate, or a combination of those, and for governments to impose even greater control over people than they already have. I sort of lean towards believing it’s aimed at the incredibly stupid as many lack the capacity to figure that out by themselves.
Hi PatR In Sweden, when it comes to airfields, geofencing doesn't even excist... We use some common sence and the law who says: "Don't fly closer than 5km and over 50m AGL from the end of the runway." For military airfields its also 5km from the end of the runway with AGL max 10m.

Last edited:
.......DJI’s geo fencing was mentioned. I wonder if he knows DJI did not do that for safety reasons, but to obtain user data to be used for undisclosed purposes?.......

DJI is the most successful spying and information gathering effort in Chinese history.

Hi PatR In Sweden, when it comes to airfields, geofencing doesn't even excist... We use some common sence and the law who says: "Don't fly closer than 5km and over 50m AGL from the end of the runway." For military airfields its also 5km from the end of the runway with AGL max 10m.

On average Swedes seem waaaay more adult than most Americans. Common sense here is anything but common.

• Wow
Reactions: PatR and AH-1G

In fact, one of Horizon's (Blade drone vendor) higher ups left Horizon and went to Yuneec for a time. He has since retired. I hope Yuneec makes it. They clearly have some fundamental issues, but I like their product.

Just another reason to find an alternative.

My thoughts exactly.

DJI is the most successful spying and information gathering effort in Chinese history.

Followed closely by changes in the software of Lenovo computers after IBM sold the brand to a Chinese company. Corporate IT departments continued to buy Lenovo’s after the sale, unaware of the “back doors” that had been introduced, causing massive security breeches.

In fact, one of Horizon's (Blade drone vendor) higher ups left Horizon and went to Yuneec for a time. He has since retired. I hope Yuneec makes it.

I had his 46% bipe design. A very nice flyer. Downside was the complete fuselage with prop and spinner was too long to fit in a pick up bed so I had to buy a trailer.

Reactions: Phaedrus
I had his 46% bipe design. A very nice flyer. Downside was the complete fuselage with prop and spinner was too long to fit in a pick up bed so I had to buy a trailer.

That's why a lot of guys are going back to 35% planes. I had a 42% Extra that I could get into a Grand Caravan by taking the tail and rudder off. Mike's a good guy, good designer and impressive stick!!

I still have two 35%, one 36%, and a 42%. But the 42% is a G-202 so it works out to be dimensionally about the same as a 36% Edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba