Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I STATED NEW CAMS AND NEW H...EVEN THE MODERATORS SAID SO.....WHERE IS IT AND NO ONE BELEIVED ME LOL THERE U ARE

I'm very intrigued to see the specs on the CGO-CI. To name it as an inspection camera is one thing, but to also say suitable for broadcast/cinema etc too is intriguing. Either they're massively trying to upsell a CGO-3+ with narrower FOV, or there are some improvements to sensor/bitrate and compression as well as lens.
Has anyone confirmed the CGO-CI is the same package as CGO-3+ or have they only been showing the 3+ and ET so far mounted?

I'm very intrigued to see the specs on the CGO-CI. To name it as an inspection camera is one thing, but to also say suitable for broadcast/cinema etc too is intriguing. Either they're massively trying to upsell a CGO-3+ with narrower FOV, or there are some improvements to sensor/bitrate and compression as well as lens.
Has anyone confirmed the CGO-CI is the same package as CGO-3+ or have they only been showing the 3+ and ET so far mounted?
We need more details. Is it 4k? Whats the megapixel for still shots? Etc. Etc.

Bill W.

From what I've gleaned from the shots of the H520 the CGO-CI looks like it has a 4K emblem on the front, unless they mocked it up with a CGO3+ for the show.

I'm also hoping they release a larger 4s 6850mAh pack for the H like what will be standard on the H520. Assuming the batteries are compatible you could always just get an H520 battery for your H but then your H will have a bright orange battery panel on the back. I guess on the bright side you could use the bright orange to distinguish the 6850mAh pack. I would be nice to have a 31 minute flight time.

From what I've gleaned from the shots of the H520 the CGO-CI looks like it has a 4K emblem on the front, unless they mocked it up with a CGO3+ for the show.

I'm also hoping they release a larger 4s 6850mAh pack for the H like what will be standard on the H520. Assuming the batteries are compatible you could always just get an H520 battery for your H but then your H will have a bright orange battery panel on the back. I guess on the bright side you could use the bright orange to distinguish the 6850mAh pack. I would be nice to have a 31 minute flight time.
You know that 31 min flight time will probably be more like 25 to 28 minutes. I agree it might ne compatible with our H

Bill W.

The majority of that extended flight time will come from the higher efficiency of larger props and lower kv motors I would expect and won't be achievable on our H's even with the bigger battery.

The majority of that extended flight time will come from the higher efficiency of larger props and lower kv motors I would expect and won't be achievable on our H's even with the bigger battery.
Still may get more time though.

Bill W.

I STATED NEW CAMS AND NEW H...EVEN THE MODERATORS SAID SO.....WHERE IS IT AND NO ONE BELEIVED ME LOL THERE U ARE
My burned out and pissed off (x) Typhoon owners' take on this? A glorified TH painted orange that will without a doubt have camera focus and other issues, firmware cluster f**ks, and six months late to deliver for the suckers foolish enough to prepay. Sorry for the bad vibes all.

My burned out and pissed off (x) Typhoon owners' take on this? A glorified TH painted orange that will without a doubt have camera focus and other issues, firmware cluster f**ks, and six months late to deliver for the suckers foolish enough to prepay. Sorry for the bad vibes all.
It is a dressed up typhoon h and called a commercial drone. I am very disappointed and suprised yuneec let this go thru. We are not that dumb

Bill W.

Reactions: samsflite and JohnL
OK you miserable sods, cheer up.

From what I've been able to glean, this uses the 'tried and tested' flight controller from the H, but has a bigger air frame and motors. So it (should) be using near identical firmware to the H, but physically it's not the same machine.

That means we've got more stable software and more robust hardware for those that need it. Existing H users should benefit from the shared platform (we'll get some cool new software, and things like UAV Toolbox will support both machines), and if you need a rock solid platform that can out-run an Inspire 2, you've got it.

Information on the camera is more vague, but seven element optics means this isn't the cheap single piece lens that you get on the CGO3+. Quality control on the CGO3+ is pretty good these days, so I'm optimistic that this will produce some good images. This isn't a movie camera like the Inspire 2, but a proper step up from the CGO3+ whilst retaining the same form factor. We'll see if that means you can use it on the standard H. I note that we've not had any information on the sensor, nor the processor. The people who supply the current chips have announced higher frame rates and bit rates at 4K for their latest devices at CES, so hopefully we'll get the benefit in the CGO-CI.

To me this is good news. The H platform is going to be supported in the long term - note that they're sticking with the ST-16 controller - and it sounds like they're staying true to the promise of modular design. Just imagine the cries of pain if they'd announced an entirely new model and left existing owners in the lurch?

Last edited:
Yes it sounds like a better lens but they should have included a 1" sensor too like DJI has anscAutel is adding to their line.
Pricing is putting this close to inspire 2. Inspire 2 with new X5s is $4800. This 520 is going to be 2500-4500. I think the body is taller from the pics to take the larger batteries. From the pics you can see the motors are bigger in diameter. So I do not see a way to mod our current H to be near the same or use the batteries.
Now for the good. We should be able to use the new camera if the cost is not crazy high, and the SDK is being released so we hopefully will get some new software to work with out drones. Other than that I'm disappointed in Yuneec and will not be getting anything new from them this year.

Looks like DJI blew their wad late 2016 as I did not hear about anything new from them.
GoPro Karma still dead and out dated.
Autel has some nice stuff coming out and my money is going to them this year.

Still love my H and happy I have it.

OK you miserable sods, cheer up.

From what I've been able to glean, this uses the 'tried and tested' flight controller from the H, but has a bigger air frame and motors. So it (should) be using near identical firmware to the H, but physically it's not the same machine.

That means we've got more stable software and more robust hardware for those that need it. Existing H users should benefit from the shared platform (we'll get some cool new software, and things like UAV Toolbox will support both machines), and if you need a rock solid platform that can out-run an Inspire 2, you've got it.

Information on the camera is more vague, but seven element optics means this isn't the cheap single piece lens that you get on the CGO3+. Quality control on the CGO3+ is pretty good these days, so I'm optimistic that this will produce some good images. This isn't a movie camera like the Inspire 2, but a proper step up from the CGO3+ whilst retaining the same form factor. We'll see if that means you can use it on the standard H. I note that we've not had any information on the sensor, nor the processor. The people who supply the current chips have announced higher frame rates and bit rates at 4K for their latest devices at CES, so hopefully we'll get the benefit in the CGO-CI.

To me this is good news. The H platform is going to be supported in the long term - note that they're sticking with the ST-16 controller - and it sounds like they're staying true to the promise of modular design. Just imagine the cries of pain if they'd announced an entirely new model and left existing owners in the lurch?

Yes it sounds like a better lens but they should have included a 1" sensor too like DJI has anscAutel is adding to their line.
Pricing is putting this close to inspire 2. Inspire 2 with new X5s is $4800. This 520 is going to be 2500-4500. I think the body is taller from the pics to take the larger batteries. From the pics you can see the motors are bigger in diameter. So I do not see a way to mod our current H to be near the same or use the batteries.
Now for the good. We should be able to use the new camera if the cost is not crazy high, and the SDK is being released so we hopefully will get some new software to work with out drones. Other than that I'm disappointed in Yuneec and will not be getting anything new from them this year.

Looks like DJI blew their wad late 2016 as I did not hear about anything new from them.
GoPro Karma still dead and out dated.
Autel has some nice stuff coming out and my money is going to them this year.

Still love my H and happy I have it.
The taller bidy is mainly i believe because it has integrated realsense. That makes it look like a tgicker body

Bill W.

I don't think this is drone. But why there is no info on this ?
And I don't see they are showing el. skateboards. Was wondering when will they finally introduce EGO X .

I couldn't find anything online either about the valet. Frustrating.

The battery compartment looks taller as well.
So u don't expect the battery to work in the original H.
Also DJI released their new GS Pro software.
For the iPad to create a flying pattern etc. Looks ok.
A new stand a lone monitor Crystal Sky.
http://www.dji.com/mobile/newsroom/news/-ces2017

Trent Siggard describes the Valet drone near the end of this video. Apparently its only a concept drone which acts as a personal assistant tied to an Amazon Alexa, Google Voice or other connected device in the realm of "internet of things" connected devices to help you around the house. Nothing real yet and from what Trent says 5 to 10 years out so probably never. Neat design, anyway from other videos but not shown in this one, just described.

Starts at about 1:52.

Something that has also been overlooked is the extension of warranty to 1 year now (no big deal for us in Europe), as well as a Typhoon hotline! It shows they're going in the right direction, and want to build confidence in the Typhoon series. All good for us as existing owners.
So has the warranty been extended for the pre-existing Typhoon H or is the 1 year for the new drones?
I bought my Typhoon H in the middle of June. Has that been extended until next June?

First walk through of Yuneec booth.
Wow! I am a little surprised that Yuneec decided not to upgrade the CGO3+ camera.
Their two new cameras seem to be great for commercial use, but I would have thought they would have upgraded the model for videography.
Maybe Yuneec is trying to steer more towards that field and get away from that the DJI competition.
DJI is still staying in the videography lane, while it seems that Yuneec may be working into more industrial purposes.
I am even surprised not to see a 360 degree RealSense....
I guess the good side is that I won't be putting out any money on new drone equipment, but I was really excited about upgrading my camera.
I always considered Yuneec to be at least a year a head of the competition, but I think they fumbled a little and DJI now has the ball.
I love my Typhoon H and will definitely be sticking with it, but definitely a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval