Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ slip ring availability

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I managed to bump the Yaw stick with the TH sitting on the ground idling. The resulting violent “ground spin” knocked the camera off, breaking some of the wires off the slip ring, and cutting insulation on some others. I could not find the part “in stock” anywhere in the US. Repairing the thing took forever, and I don't want to do that again.

Does anyone know the story on parts availability? It’s an inexpensive part, and would be a good thing to have a spare or two on hand.

Last edited:
Thanks @rdonson. That was the first place I looked. They only offer it as a "3-4" week backorder, which usually means they have no idea when they will get any. Carolina Dronz is out of stock. YuneecUSA has it in two places. One says out of stock. The other appears to be an out of date page that says they have it, but with an extra $20 shipping fee.
You can get the generic slip ring, with no terminals, from China. These seem to be a lot higher price unless you buy a bunch of them.

I saved a link to this one. Kinda high price and shipping charges, but at least it is the correct part, and available. May wind up going with this one if I can't find one closer and cheaper.
(It's listed as the "last one". I'll probably make up my feeble mind the day AFTER someone else buys it.:()

I saved a link to this one. Kinda high price and shipping charges, but at least it is the correct part, and available. May wind up going with this one if I can't find one closer and cheaper.
(It's listed as the "last one". I'll probably make up my feeble mind the day AFTER someone else buys it.:()
I've done that many times with shops selling off Yuneec bits, my wife says "get it" but I dilly dally and it's gone!

Too late. Out of stock now.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I managed to bump the Yaw stick with the TH sitting on the ground idling. The resulting violent “ground spin” knocked the camera off, breaking some of the wires off the slip ring, and cutting insulation on some others. I could not find the part “in stock” anywhere in the US. Repairing the thing took forever, and I don't want to do that again.

Does anyone know the story on parts availability? It’s an inexpensive part, and would be a good thing to have a spare or two on hand.
How Did you fix it ?

How Did you fix it ?
Best way is to replace it, but I checked a couple places and they seem to be out of stock again.
Take the slip ring out of the camera. Solder the easy wires, of course.
If the wires are broken right at the edge of the slip ring casing, you have to slide the casing down enough to get to them. You may have to dig away some of the epoxy to get access to enough wire to make a solder. Try to keep the solder joint as small as you can. Be careful not to slide the casing all the way off if you can help it. The little brushes inside are very easy to mess up.

You may have to grind a big notch out of the top edge of the casing to avoid shorts. To cut a notch, you have to slide the casing all the way off. The casing is the only thing holding the two halves of the brush holder together. Try very hard not to let the two halves come apart while the casing is off.

These were in stock again a couple weeks ago. There might be a few around if you look. I only checked Vertigo Drones and Yuneec.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Best way is to replace it, but I checked a couple places and they seem to be out of stock again.
If the wires are broken right at the edge of the slip ring casing, you have to slide the casing down enough to get to them. You may have to dig away some of the epoxy to get access to enough wire to make a solder. Try to keep the solder joint as small as you can. Be careful not to slide the casing all the way off if you can help it. The little brushes inside are very easy to mess up.

You may have to grind a big notch out of the top edge of the casing to avoid shorts. To cut a notch, you have to slide the casing all the way off. The casing is the only thing holding the two halves of the brush holder together. Try very hard not to let the two halves come apart while the casing is off.

These were in stock again a couple weeks ago. There might be a few around if you look. I only checked Vertigo Drones and Yuneec.
Hobbymounts have them again, it's UK but they ship worldwide, something small like that shouldn't pose a problem shipping.

Reactions: Steve Carr

thanks so only the slip ring needs to be replaced ? no need for the yawn motor ?

It is not likely to be the yaw motor. Slip ring damage is very common. Motor damage is very rare. If you can see or measure damage to the slip ring, then I think the answer is "Yes, you only need to replace or repair the slip ring."

I don't know if I am allowed to post links but search on eBay for "Yuneec CGO3+ camera slip ring cable" or
item number:

there are plenty for now.

Last edited:
I don't know if I am allowed to post links but search on eBay for "Yuneec CGO3+ camera slip ring cable" there are plenty for now.
I get one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190918-202905~2.png
    Screenshot_20190918-202905~2.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11