Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec warrranty repair issues (so far, terrible)

Update....

dropped camera off to ups on May 15th. was told it was being labeled as a comeback repair so they could basically bump it up...just returned from a nice long vacation today and no camera still

called Yuneec which they were at lunch, called again after lunch and while trying to place myself on the callback list, someone answered and said that it will be on the techs bench tomorrow.

who knows how long it would have sat if I didnt call, and now who knows how long to fix or replace it...

If people start allowing 30 days before they start getting shorts in a wad they would be doing themselves a favor.

Reactions: spotondl
newest update

I was told that my camera would be looked at on june 8th. I got an email june 13th that it was now being looked at. right after that I got an email that said

"Put it through our 27 point inspection test and tested out great on range, distance, & footage. Thanks for choosing YUNEEC U.S.A."

emailed them back and informed them again that it is in for a loud buzzing noise and it tilts after a few minutes in flight. no response back on that but a few hours later I got another email that had a receipt for $499, then discount $499, total owed $0

so they are sending me a new camera, its delayed at ups, I guess cuz of the shooting in cali a few days ago, but should be here sometime next week and will see if that solves my issues...just funny how Ken-A-Vision tested it and sent it out as good to go

June 21st Update

camera came in from ups yesterday afternoon and it was storming here so not able to test the H

from Yuneec, before replacing the camera, the buzzing noise was created by a Ken-A-VIsion employee who bent the frame working on it, repair notes are "frame bent back to stop vibration + full calibration" in the end they replaced the camera which came with a few extra parts in the box

Is the drone back to 100%, nope...not sure if just the controller has an issue or when Ken-A-Vision replaced some parts, they messed something else up like with the camera

it has been raining last few days as we had a tropical storm pass to the west of us. after work today, I got a break in the weather as it finally stopped raining, winds only around 6mph.

calibrated the altitude and placed the camera on to calibrate the gimbal. as the gimbal is calibrating, it keeps giving me a compass warning, telling me to land immediately and calibrate the compass. camera finished its calibration, restart and then I hooked the H to the GUI, it connects and tells me that the "ESC/speed control" has failed, everything else is good...the ESC is one of the parts that Ken-A-Vision changed...unplugged and tried it a few times and still the ESC failed...

went outside and I was going to go for a low flight to check the camera, fired up and seemed fine. camera stays level but tilting the camera down is not bad, tilting up it is jerky, with switch rolled up, it takes a bit before it jerks and catches up.

my last issue, at about 20ft or so, with 20 satellites, the H wont hold position, it stays for a few seconds and then just start floating to its right side

landed and took everything inside, hooked the H back to the GUI and magically its now saying the ESC passed, done a switch calibration on the controller and even though everything passed on both test, the J4 seems to have issues looking at the number counter when moved and the other screen that shows colors when you move the sticks, cant think of it right off...

anyway, thats where I am at now

tried adding a video through photobucket but it kept deleting it for some reason...switch to youtube

this is what the J4 stick is doing...anyone know a resolution to this...

I gotta say - reading threads like this really makes me nervous should I need to send something to Yuneec for repair.. :(

I don't suppose there's a Yuneec repair place in the Seattle / Tacoma area..? Y'know.. just in case I (god forbid) need one..

I gotta say - reading threads like this really makes me nervous should I need to send something to Yuneec for repair.. :(

I don't suppose there's a Yuneec repair place in the Seattle / Tacoma area..? Y'know.. just in case I (god forbid) need one..

the main repair facility is in california...I just want to fly my H, lol...yuneec has been great with everything so far, it is Ken-A-Vision, one of there outsource places that has soured me, after finding out what they done to the camera and the rest I posted earlier, I think ken-a-vision screwed something up and now I just have to wait it out...

going out later and going to test everything again,see if anything changes before calling them monday

yea Ken-A-Vision sucks, i have heard not so great things about them but when I had to send mine in the 1st time, I didnt realize that it was going there...what I know now, i would have asked for somewhere else to send it...

it is now being handled by yuneec themselves in california

Update 8-22-17

It has been two months now since I sent my H directly to yuneec. I have owned my H for roughly one month since the end of February, the other five months It has been either in the shop for warranty repair or like when I was waiting for the camera that Ken-A-Vision screwed up

so i finally after two months decided to give them a call...was able to place myself on the call back list of which I was never called back

I called again and after 30 minutes on hold, someone picked the phone up and immediately hung it up

called right back at 6:45 central time, knowing they close at 5pm pacific time, that is still 15 minutes, the recorder says that they are closed for the day

completely unacceptable

called right back at 6:45 central time, knowing they close at 5pm pacific time, that is still 15 minutes, the recorder says that they are closed for the day

If the Yuneec repair facility is in California isn't there recourse based on consumer fraud laws that you can use to file a complaint? Perhaps having that leverage might help.. Because I agree with Steve.. what you're having to go thru is nuts!

If the Yuneec repair facility is in California isn't there recourse based on consumer fraud laws that you can use to file a complaint? Perhaps having that leverage might help.. Because I agree with Steve.. what you're having to go thru is nuts!

Yes there is! Yuneec claimed I crashed My own H by pushing the red button. What? WHY? would I do that when I was making money with the H -- the issue is the the landing stick channel (ie) left stick down to land shares the same channel as the RED STOP button! REALLY??? Anyway they claim I crashed it, and never even asked for the controller to check it out. Vent over :)

called again yesterday and even though it kept giving the message to hold my place and call me back, I let it sit on hold...hour and a half later I get someone who was actually really nice...he said that they are extremely backed up and that they havent even got to mine yet...he went and pulled my H off the shelf and said it is on his work bench now but that he has a few customers ahead of me that is not warranty, they are paying for their repairs so id have to wait for those first. he said it should take him about 3 days to finish those jobs up then he will get on mine, test it, ect and then hopefully be on the way back to me... so im guessing, at the least, two more weeks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy