Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cg03 yaw encoder

Reaction score
is there anything special that has to be done when the yAW ENCODER HAS BEEN REMOVED? A WIRE HAD COME LOOSE ON THE YAW ENCODER. I RESOLDERED IT AND REINSTALLED IT. I HAVE 2 CG03 CAMERAS ONE IS USED FOR PARTS. CAN THE PITCH AND ROLL ENCODERS BE SWAPPED OUT? AND IS THERE ANY CALIBRATIONS THAT NEED BE DONE? AND CAN I PERFORM THESE CALIBRATIONS?

Yes, in most cases calibration is neccessary when coders were replaced. No, we have no access to gimbal calibration for CGO3 and CGO3+. Only Yuneec can do that.

But if you an expert in controller programming and want to do experimental works, there is a procedure described in the datasheet of the used HW chip AS5600.
I²C bus and programming pin are there:
AS5600_bk.JPGAS5600_fr.JPG

I didn't try this but if you do, a report here and sharing SW would be nice.

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
is there anything special that has to be done when the yAW ENCODER HAS BEEN REMOVED? A WIRE HAD COME LOOSE ON THE YAW ENCODER. I RESOLDERED IT AND REINSTALLED IT.
If you re-use the original Yaw Encoder you should be good to go without any additional calibration.

Are you seeing any problems after the repair?

Let me ask you to stop with the capital letters, please. We're seeing pretty well.

YES,THE CAMERA DANCES ALL AROUND BUT NEVER HOMES OUT.
If the camera was working properly before the wire came off, I would suggest you look carefully at the repair to ensure good contact, no shorts and look for any collateral damage that may have occurred. Also look at all three wires, ensure all are connected and are not damaged.
You would have probably unplugged all three encoders to get access to the Yaw. Check to ensure you got all three plugs in their correct sockets.
cgo3 Gimbal Board Connections & Error Codes.jpg

In short.
After repairing broken wires you should be good.
You will not be able to swap encoders from one camera to another.
We will probably never get access to the calibration program to be able to change the encoder motors.
If it's dancing around it's a broken wire that you missed (possibly one of the tiny wires going down the arms to the motors) or maybe the frame is bent or you connected the plugs to the wrong places on the board.
If it's spinning in circles really fast, it's the death spin and there is a YouTube video to fix that.

Let me ask you to stop with the capital letters, please. We're seeing pretty well.
I know these forums have rules and needs them but how does capitol letters hurt anyone, especially if it can be done by mistake and have already hit "Post" and Whoops? Do we write a letter of apology to the moderator or to the member/pilots in general, lol :)They used to use this rule so that ones txt did not stand out above others that might not be able to buy a capslock but on forums like these, where You can change the font, the size and color, well, it just seems a bit outdated cause I could respond with a Giant and Bold font and thats ok. Or is there another reason for this rule that im unaware of?

I know these forums have rules and needs them but how does capitol letters hurt anyone, especially if it can be done by mistake and have already hit "Post" and Whoops? Do we write a letter of apology to the moderator or to the member/pilots in general, lol :)They used to use this rule so that ones txt did not stand out above others that might not be able to buy a capslock but on forums like these, where You can change the font, the size and color, well, it just seems a bit outdated cause I could respond with a Giant and Bold font and thats ok. Or is there another reason for this rule that im unaware of?
It is in our posting standards and most find it difficult to read all caps. It feels like you are reading a NOTAM, METAR, or TFR. Most social media consider it to be shouting and thus a social faux pas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval