Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ in focus?

When viewing this photo in all it's full size glory, yes it appears quite out of focus. The white van and black car in the center bottom look the sharpest, but the further out you go the more noticeable it is (lack of focus). Believe it or not, it still looks better than any jpg that has come out of my CGO3+ camera.

Reactions: eric bee
i have made a *.dng and then convert to jpg on computer...maybe this help...

Last edited:
Eric, it depends on what settings you used? was it auto? or did you use manual settings. Seems to have edge rounding

@DroneClone i have used auto...do you mean the shutter time was to long by auto that its isn't sharp? but it was daylight
Eric, it looks okay for auto setting. In manual you can set the iso and shutter speeds to compensate for the light conditions, and get rid of some of the fuzziness and make it a little sharper.about as good as it gets in auto. You did state it was shot in raw(dng) correct? Then it will need post editing. But if shooting in just auto(not dng) jpeg, try the different Gorgeous, Natural settings, depending on lighting they do offer differences

it was DNG right. but the settings of gorgeous, natural are more the look of color and not the sharpness of the lens...

Reactions: DroneClone
Eric- my eyes says its bit soft on the right hand side near the edge, if you look at the first trees past the large building they appear out of focus when compared to trees on the opposite side at the same distance out which are sharp, looking at the trees past the last building on the right also look soft/out focus, its hard to tell with that photo it may be out of focus all the way down that right hand side, also the tree past white roof building on right looks soft compared the the others.

Last edited:
I should have said I'm also using a NEC 24" HD computer monitor, which also confirms with Burntpixel assessment.

Yes, also on my 4K Samsung the whole snap shot is blurred out of focus also. Was this a camera still shot, or did you snap while in video filming?

so what i do now? it seems i am not alone with thinking its not sharp how it use to be?

again back to Yunnec? that i get bird no.4 with new issues?

Having watched more H videos and done my own testing with my H,I see a quality control issue with HOW the CGO3+ mount is aligned with the CMOS sensor. A wide lens can somewhat hide that misalignment,but a narrower field of view lens will reveal that misalignment during assembly. The sharpest lens out there cannot overcome a misaligned mount to sensor.

it was a still snapshot in Photomode (not Videomode)
Either send it again, or adjust it yourself, or even buy a better lens. Mine is a tad bit off too, but I am living with it and correcting what I can in post production. Sorry for this, but at least your not alone!

Having watched more H videos and done my own testing with my H,I see a quality control issue with HOW the CGO3+ mount is aligned with the CMOS sensor. A wide lens can somewhat hide that misalignment,but a narrower field of view lens will reveal that misalignment during assembly. The sharpest lens out there cannot overcome a misaligned mount to sensor.

That reasoning would explain why not everyone's CGO3+ is slightly out of focus.

That reasoning would explain why not everyone's CGO3+ is slightly out of focus.
I have seen it when swapping lenses on a GoPro. I had a GoPro Hero 3+ Black and with the stock lens the image looked good. When I went with a 5.4MM lens which narrowed the field of view,the GoPro exhibited a rather severe out of focus area along the right side and vertical length of the frame. I had to put the stock lens back on the GoPro to make it usable again. I could have torn the GoPro down to expose the CMOS sensor board and attempt to realign the M-mount,but did not want to go to the lengths that realignment would require.

i have speak with yuneec and get a funny answer)
I have asked about the ST16pro with 3 antenna?
the men on the hotline tell...the 3rd antenna don't fix the telemetry connection issue. Its for the real sense !
after try asking for more details he say...hmmm better ask tomorrow the technicians...

and there is an update in the pipeline which needs been tested more... i hope it comes soon

i try to send them Mails with Pics for get a new CAM...

i have speak with yuneec and get a funny answer)
I have asked about the ST16pro with 3 antenna?
the men on the hotline tell...the 3rd antenna don't fix the telemetry connection issue. Its for the real sense !
after try asking for more details he say...hmmm better ask tomorrow the technicians...

and there is an update in the pipeline which needs been tested more... i hope it comes soon

i try to send them Mails with Pics for get a new CAM...
Eric. Did you get your H from a reseller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval