Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Repair Needed

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone comfortable with repairing a CGO3+ camera, specifically replacing the WiFi board. After a lengthy thread elsewhere on the forum, it seems that's what the problem is. I lost WiFi and I've lost the ability to record, but everything else on the aircraft works as expected. After removing the camera and sliding it back on, it briefly gave me a WiFi signal, but when I took it out to fly today the WiFi was missing again. I'm not going to spend $250 on a new camera, I'll sell the aircraft first. But I would like to try replacing the board, I just have hand arthritis and my near vision isn't good so I think I would likely destroy the camera if I attempted the repair. Anyone have a WiFi board and the skill to replace it in my camera? Located in Yuma, AZ area FWIW. Thanks....

HOW CAN I KNOW WHICH CAMERA IS COMPATIBLE?
I see many Ebay listings for "CGO3" and "CGO3+". Some are damaged, some are "refurbished". It is important to the buyer, ME, to know if they are from an H or a Q500. The difference, I assume, is in the gimbal and the firmware, given that the H camera swivels 360 degrees and the Q500 does not.
Rarely these listings identify which Yuneec UAV they are compatible with. Companies that produce items of a nearly identical nature like the CGO3 cameras and gimbals should provide clear model designations like a "Q" or an "H" in the model codes.
These cameras on the model H and Q500+ are prone to damage should a landing be to "hard".
During a too-fast decent (aka crash), my Hex landing gear legs collapsed and the camera broke off from the mount and was damaged. Now, A month later it still remains at the repair shop., the difficulty being finding the repair of parts. The weather here in New York is not flying weather so I am in no rush. Is there a way to identify which camera/gimbal goes with the H or the
Q500+ ?

The H will only accept the CGO-3+ for everything to work. The CGO-3 does not have a 360* gimbal. The appearance is quite different between the two.

BTW, only Yuneec brand cameras will work.

Thank you Pat R.
I was given conflicting info regarding CGO3 and CGO3+. Thank you for setting it straight. You don't happen to have a CGO3+ or know of any for sale for about $250? I am getting fed up with ebay. Particularly those sellers who acquire items they are unfamiliar with and list them with misleading description or with very little identifying details.

I have a little used one I could part with. I bought it to augment my 920 but for the most part it has sat unused. It has the current firmware.

I have a little used one I could part with. I bought it to augment my 920 but for the most part it has sat unused. It has the current firmware.
Pat,
I'll check with Carolina Drones.They have my H and have been working on finding the camera parts. They may advise me to replace the camera and if so, i'd be interested in yours, if is compatible with the H. The 920 uses a CGO4 camera and gimbal. Is the extra one you have CGO3 or CGO4? Or are they interchangeable? What price are you looking for? Thank you for your help
Albert

@PatR
You mentioned you might have a CGO3+ for sale. What price? I still haven't received a straight answer from Carolina Dronz about whether or not they can repair my damaged camera. I initially had a positve sense about Carolina Dronz. I'm beginning to wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements