Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET not recording on camera sd card

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I will make it simple as I can.
The problem is SD card on CGOET is empty of files of data, MP4 or JPEG's. after 4 flights and 80 min flight time, not one of my stills or videos were recorded, why didn't they record and store on the camera's sd card.
The controller screen tell me photos or video were taken when I pressed the shutters for both.
I can see the jpeg images in the controller (internal) memory ( i don't have the front panel sd slot in use).
when I put the micro card into my PC, the camera sd card is empty of either types of images.
I recently swapped out the 8mp U1 card for a 128gb u3 card, thinking it was a slow old card, with the new card, I got bind and all was looking good with the camera and the RGB and thermal images, the monitor was showing good images, thermal part works no prob. I went into the camera st16 settings and did a format sd card with the camera and then it sat forever with a flashing light yellowish green camera light, not sure if that was the format in process, but it went on same rate blinking on-off-on-off-on... at half second intervals, for over an hr. I got impatient and thought something locked up, maybe it was with such a large card it takes a long time, I wasn't sure, but after an hour I had still no idea of progress or was there some other issue maybe I should be aware of, maybe I should have let it run until done, (how I would know?), but I stopped the process by turning the drone off. Next stop was try and format teh camera sd card on my PC then go from there.
Tried to do the format on my PC and it asks for the file allocation size, default is 116gb fat32, and default file allocation size, (my guess is 128k.) I have not put it back in cgoet 0 to see if the format took and the camera will now record to the sd card.

btw tried to format a new sd card in st16 controller and that didn't work, could not find where to locate the screen to 'format' the sd card.
I've racked my noggen trying different things to get the sd camera card to record and store my images and videos, and other small related issues, my next thought is maybe a smaller card 64g maybe???
I'm hoping someone can enlighten me, I love this drone and would like to enjoy the cgoet and its capabilities.
Thanks in advance!
Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Along with Steve’s recommendation, the ST16 can only handle cards of 32GB and less with FAT32 or FAT formatting. This is a restriction in the OS used in the imbedded tablet. You mentioned not having an SD card in the slot on the ST16. Just so you will know, the feed from the camera only records to the internal memory and never to an SD card on the controller. That slot is only used for transferring files or updating the controller firmware.

The camera can use cards up to 128GB using exFAT format or cards using FAT32 in cards of 32GB or less.

Thank you for the comments and suggestions. I will try 32gb u3 sd cards and go from there.
Last Q, any suggestions as to brand to use, I saw the comment abut NOT using Samsung cards, any others to avoid? or preferences to use?
thanks again!!

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
I use SanDisk Extreme U3 V30 cards, but there are others that are fine to use. The U3 and/or V30 rating is a must with any brand.

Thanks all for the advice and suggestions, prob solved just needed the proper micro SD card,
installed a 32gb and all is well, here is what i got, Gigastone 32GB 5-Pack MLC Micro SD Card, 10x High Endurance 4K Video Recording, Security Cam, Dash Cam, Surveillance Compatible 95MB/s, U3 C10
if interested see link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HMM3526?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details.
I did first try a 128 g card but that didnt work, so i stepped it down to 32 gb and figured if need be I have 4 more cards to fill, but I dont think that will be a concern with flights of 20 min or less and 3 batteries.
Fly safe, ty again.
G

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval