Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET

It seems to me Yuneec took a relatively inexpensive thermal camera and by combining it with a higher resolution standard camera, they made it a usable device that would otherwise not be very useful. My daughter is a horse physical therapist and uses a FLIR device. It is much more expensive than the CGOET, but is for a different purpose of course. The above video explains things pretty well. I'm not looking at making movies with a ET.

Although I am considering a new drone, buying another RTF was not in the plans, however it is very difficult putting together a DIY and finding a gimbal/camera combination suitable for a decent cost.

Honestly I don't consider the H520 a "professional" drone from a software standpoint as if one has an Ardupilot based FC it already does pretty much anything you want it to, but you have to know how to get it to all work. The disadvantage is the camera arrangement for DIY. A royal PITA IMO. That's why I keep coming back to Yuneec to explore what they have. I really like the idea of hot switch outs.

The question in my mind is the GGOET adequate for what Yuneec is marketing it for and maybe they should offer a more expensive option. Or is it necessary for most users?

Reactions: Dobba
It seems to me Yuneec took a relatively inexpensive thermal camera and by combining it with a higher resolution standard camera, they made it a usable device that would otherwise not be very useful. My daughter is a horse physical therapist and uses a FLIR device. It is much more expensive than the CGOET, but is for a different purpose of course. The above video explains things pretty well. I'm not looking at making movies with a ET.

Although I am considering a new drone, buying another RTF was not in the plans, however it is very difficult putting together a DIY and finding a gimbal/camera combination suitable for a decent cost.

Honestly I don't consider the H520 a "professional" drone from a software standpoint as if one has an Ardupilot based FC it already does pretty much anything you want it to, but you have to know how to get it to all work. The disadvantage is the camera arrangement for DIY. A royal PITA IMO. That's why I keep coming back to Yuneec to explore what they have. I really like the idea of hot switch outs.

The question in my mind is the GGOET adequate for what Yuneec is marketing it for and maybe they should offer a more expensive option. Or is it necessary for most users?
Just hold on for a few weeks and all should be revealed.

Comparison between a conventional camera and the low-light CGOET camera.

I have them available in the US. Let me know if you need one. Availability is tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig