Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET

To adjust the image resolution would require a review for licensing and other govt type certs. Would probably delay the release for the cgo-et for the h520 for at least 90 days. Hence why there is no imager change, just software updates.
I bet a dollar that people would wait if they new that an upgraded sensor was on its way.
Hang the expense just increase the resolution.

Reactions: zandoli
No quoting me on this but if you have 3x the money to spend on an upgraded unit.
Wait 6 months.
640x512 thermal, lowlight and radiometric
Hi Haydn, do you have your CGOET's yet?

Hi Haydn, do you have your CGOET's yet?
Hi mate. No not yet. They only have 2 left to send to me. So I'm waiting another week to see if I can get a few more. Sorry for the delay. But it shouldn't be much longer.

No quoting me on this but if you have 3x the money to spend on an upgraded unit.
Wait 6 months.
640x512 thermal, lowlight and radiometric
So the 640x512 is far better than the CGOET, by what % do you think? I read an article on radiometer cameras, so in comparison to FLIR camera where would this stand?

Considering the current sensor is only 160x120.... And the new one 640x512, You are looking at 4x the resolution.
It is night and day literally.
Search for Flir 640R cameras on YouTube and see what they look like.
The issue will be wether or not we can import them into each country.
This may be an issue if the sensor is the FAST version 30 or 60 Hz if it is the slow sensor of 7 or 9 Hz it should not be an issue..
However I think the zenmuse version has a fast option 30 Hz and a extra fat 60 Hz at the 336x256.

Last edited:
The Flir 640 is spectacular, I would assume the 640x512 can be used on the H480, price could be $4500.00 US Dollars
shipping could be an issue here in US?

It would not work on the H480!

Yes Uwe has a 640 flir already working. But no remote control of settings etc.
You could do this setup on your H480.
No problem.
But for the price of the camera and mounts and extra screen and video sending units etc.
Just buy a H520 with the new ET640 if it is released.

No problem.
But for the price of the camera and mounts and extra screen and video sending units etc.

That's the doubt. Flir has just released the new Duo Pro R model that seems to be the same features you're talking about. With a price between 7600 and 8000 dollars and you need to add the gimbal.

Of this new ET640 you know some more information? Estimated price, any more features? It is understood that they are "rumors", we already know that there is no official confirmation but having some more information could help people to wait or opt for another option.

Rumors of Yuneec's new thermal camera appeared a long time ago. The first thing I hear, at least the possible new name, is what you said.

Reactions: Haydn
No problem.
"if it is released":rolleyes:

This is farm fresh information.... Meaning things can change.
But based on what I've heard so far. Maybe around the US$6000 mark... So drone and camera $8000 DJI Inspire 1 and flir 640r $16000

Reactions: arruntus
Playing in that price range would be a very clever move given that they would attract a sector, although small for being so specialized, that drag the rest.

Reactions: Haydn
For Yuneec to attract any sector would be quite an accomplishment right now. They would first need to advertise a feature rich platform with a hard release date while simultaneously announcing a multistage plan for future development releases. There would also need to be a continuous stream of positive customer service reports.

Planning, advertising, making release dates, customer commitment are all things where Yuneec has demonstrated a need for improvement. People are not going to invest heavily in a company’s products that do not elicit long term confidence. Hopefully Yuneec understands that and takes steps to turn things around. A few 520 owners is not enough to keep them in business.

For Yuneec to attract any sector would be quite an accomplishment right now. They would first need to advertise a feature rich platform with a hard release date while simultaneously announcing a multistage plan for future development releases. There would also need to be a continuous stream of positive customer service reports.

Planning, advertising, making release dates, customer commitment are all things where Yuneec has demonstrated a need for improvement. People are not going to invest heavily in a company’s products that do not elicit long term confidence. Hopefully Yuneec understands that and takes steps to turn things around. A few 520 owners is not enough to keep them in business.
So true!

I don’t know of any business that doesn’t understand their best advertisements come from existing, happy customers, and that repeat customers keep a company strong.

Reactions: nmelectronics

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco