Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charger for four H batteries

Anywhere between 3.7 - 3.8 volts per cell although my EV-Peak automatically puts the storage voltage at 3.85 volts per cell. That is still acceptable.

There are a few different threads related to Typhoon H battery chargers, this appears to be the most relevant to my concern and questions. I have a EV-Peak CQ3 4x100, overall a good flexible charger. However, a balance charge consistently shuts off indicating it's full @16.8 V but in all actuality the battery is only at 16.4 V. I have multiple batteries including, Venom, GensAce and Yuneec and it always stops charging around 16.4 V. The CQ3 does have user modifiable settings, but I have verified each port is set correctly @ 4.20V per cell, etc.

Doing a bit more testing, I used the Yuneec charger to top them off to 16.7+ volts, which takes about an additional 20-30 min. Anyone else that uses the EV-Peak CQ3 seeing the same limited charge? Do users of the Venom charger actually get a full charge (16.7+ Volts)?

I have a EV-Peak CQ3 4x100, overall a good flexible charger.

I assume you need some kind of adapter to go from that charger to the Typhoon H's batteries? Where do you get them? Also have you tried charging the battery in the ST-16 with the same unit (I mean by removing the battery from the ST-16 to do it).

There are a few different threads related to Typhoon H battery chargers, this appears to be the most relevant to my concern and questions. I have a EV-Peak CQ3 4x100, overall a good flexible charger. However, a balance charge consistently shuts off indicating it's full @16.8 V but in all actuality the battery is only at 16.4 V. I have multiple batteries including, Venom, GensAce and Yuneec and it always stops charging around 16.4 V. The CQ3 does have user modifiable settings, but I have verified each port is set correctly @ 4.20V per cell, etc.

Doing a bit more testing, I used the Yuneec charger to top them off to 16.7+ volts, which takes about an additional 20-30 min. Anyone else that uses the EV-Peak CQ3 seeing the same limited charge? Do users of the Venom charger actually get a full charge (16.7+ Volts)?

I've gotten 16.8 out of he Venom charger.

I assume you need some kind of adapter to go from that charger to the Typhoon H's batteries? Where do you get them? Also have you tried charging the battery in the ST-16 with the same unit (I mean by removing the battery from the ST-16 to do it).
Correct, the charger would be a real nice door stop without the H battery adapters. I have several, but I normally use the one I purchased from one of the members of this forum. He did a lot of 3D printing of adapters and battery cages (for the life of me I can't remember his name). They work just as good as the ones I bought from Carolina Dronz...the results are identical. I normally don't charge the battery outside the ST16, never had much need to do so. Also, I have noticed the balance charge does not quite balance the cells. Via each port charging screen I can monitor voltage of each cell. I've seen cell 1 = 4.24 V and cells 2-4 @ 4.18 V. Clearly, I don't like seeing cell 1 at 4.24 V. With that said, when I test it with a Venom battery voltage tester it's always shows way less...4.16 on cell one, for example. I get the feeling there's something not quite right with this charger.

Yes, the Venom charger is very good and solidly built. I love how you can slap four batts in and it will do them all separately. The light can turn green on no. 3 or 2 even if no. 1 is still charging. And it's quiet. No loud beeping. The fans run all the time and that doesn't make me mad at all.

Hi chaps. Anyone know of a Typhoon H multicharger I can acquire in the UK please? Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge