Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charging Base

Reaction score
FYI,

I just purchased two charging base kits from Terrestrial Imaging. They are original Yuneec charging bases that are supplied as a DIY kit to allow for being attached to intelligent charger/dischargers. They come with the base and the connectors and wires with wiring instructions. I have wired them up and tried them and they work flawlessly!

Previously, I had purchased two (injection molded) charging plugs on ebay at $39.99 each. Both of them had issues with the balancing pins sticking in and numerous attempts at keeping them moving freely failed and resulted in numerous charging errors.

These kits from Terrestrial Imaging were $54.99 ea. and to me were worth it for the original base and the additional kit components. They contain all the original electronics so they can be used with a standard power supply if desired.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this supplier.

I never used the original charging bases that came with my Q500 or my H Pro. They are too basic for me, take too long to charge and do not give any battery info. I like to be able to read and monitor my battery info. I use an eFuel 550w power supply and iCharger 208B for my Q500 and the Chargery s1500 p/s and Turnigy 1200w QuadKore charger for my H.

I never used the original charging bases that came with my Q500 or my H Pro. They are too basic for me, take too long to charge and do not give any battery info. I like to be able to read and monitor my battery info. I use an eFuel 550w power supply and iCharger 208B for my Q500 and the Chargery s1500 p/s and Turnigy 1200w QuadKore charger for my H.

I agree but I needed a convenient and reliable way to connect the batteries to my chargers/dischargers. I use a 550 watt PS with two Orion Advantage Touch Chargers (12 amp, 150 watt charge / 20 amp discharge + balance - each) I like that they can be connected to the computer to view and save graphs and charge/discharge parameters.

I don't know about the Q500 but my H pro had balancing capability. It just takes longer to charge but I still use it when I'm not in a hurry. I usually come back from flying with 3 - 5 batteries to charge.

Don't get me wrong. The original chargers are fine. I just never used them. I have 2 batteries for my Q500 and 4 for my H. I'm just impatience and like to charge all my batteries at once and be done.:)

I understand perfectly and agree. I just mentioned these bases as an alternative to the charge cables that are being sold that allow for hook up to smart chargers/analyzers. I wouldn't use the bases with just a power supply to resemble the factory charger either but you could if you'd like (e.g. your smart charger breaks and you want to charge from a simple power supply). My experience with the quality of the aftermarket charge cables so far has not been good. Yuneec's quality seems to be a lot better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval