Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charging ST16 battery -ext.

Reaction score
hi today got my adapter thats allow me charge ST16 batt externally :)
EC2 Male to 4mm Banana Plug Connector Plug Adapter Battery RC Charge Cable Lead

s-l1600.jpg

10days delivered to UK:)

Just for info - wrote to yuneec to try and get the recovery file - no response.
2. All files downloaded from the website are UPDATE files which means the base layer that boots the device has to be loaded and that is what I am looking for i.e. The file/ bootloader that is put into a virgin chip at the factory . This will be loaded via the stem defuse utility.
3. Most respondents advise various methods but I think my problem definition was poorly stated .
4. The problem is that connection to the PC via USB does not work at all to the gui and when the H is powered on as soon as power switch released it powers off . Some posted that without the battery power is supplied by USB connector. On my unit this does not work . I have buzzed out the cable from the PC end to the control board on to of the unit and all connections are 100%.

Why yuneec can not put their bootloader / recovery file on the web site is a real mystery .

Just for info - wrote to yuneec to try and get the recovery file - no response.
2. All files downloaded from the website are UPDATE files which means the base layer that boots the device has to be loaded and that is what I am looking for i.e. The file/ bootloader that is put into a virgin chip at the factory . This will be loaded via the stem defuse utility.
3. Most respondents advise various methods but I think my problem definition was poorly stated .
4. The problem is that connection to the PC via USB does not work at all to the gui and when the H is powered on as soon as power switch released it powers off . Some posted that without the battery power is supplied by USB connector. On my unit this does not work . I have buzzed out the cable from the PC end to the control board on to of the unit and all connections are 100%.

Why yuneec can not put their bootloader / recovery file on the web site is a real mystery .

Let me ask a few questions.....

1. I am assuming you talking about the Typhoon H and not the ST16 controller?
2. your saying the USB cable while connecting to the H and powering on upon releasing the power switch power shuts off to the H? Try leaving the power button pushed for about three sec. to fully power up and untill you hear a series of tones
3. did it ever work OK?
4. does the USB cable work while connected to charger and ST16 controller?

I am having a similar problem: My ST16 will not charge from the USB cale connected to charger and micro SD slot will not read SD mem card. I have also emailed them (Yuneec) 5 days ago and have not gotten any response.

1. Yes I was talking about the H
2. Held switch in for many more than three seconds but never heard the tones.
3. No it never worked - The boot-loader in the flight module ( small PCB on top of the motor control board ) had become corrupted. You can not program it manually as at the factory they have configured the auto-erase bit .
4. The only way I could get it to work was to send these off to Germany and the agent there kindly reprogrammed them / or replaced them with a very quick turnaround.

I think ?? your problem is different and is related more to the ST16 and USB - I have had no problems at all with the ST16.

REgards

Let me ask a few questions.....

1. I am assuming you talking about the Typhoon H and not the ST16 controller?
2. your saying the USB cable while connecting to the H and powering on upon releasing the power switch power shuts off to the H? Try leaving the power button pushed for about three sec. to fully power up and untill you hear a series of tones
3. did it ever work OK?
4. does the USB cable work while connected to charger and ST16 controller?

I am having a similar problem: My ST16 will not charge from the USB cale connected to charger and micro SD slot will not read SD mem card. I have also emailed them (Yuneec) 5 days ago and have not gotten any response.

Call them. They pick up the phone every time, presuming you are dealing with the U.S. office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Yes I was talking about the H
2. Held switch in for many more than three seconds but never heard the tones.
3. No it never worked - The boot-loader in the flight module ( small PCB on top of the motor control board ) had become corrupted. You can not program it manually as at the factory they have configured the auto-erase bit .
4. The only way I could get it to work was to send these off to Germany and the agent there kindly reprogrammed them / or replaced them with a very quick turnaround.

I think ?? your problem is different and is related more to the ST16 and USB - I have had no problems at all with the ST16.

REgards

Noted..... I see your Issue is a serious Issue.....

mine on the other hand...... I think as Pat said above I or we need to call them right away..... and I will tomorrow....

Thanks Pat....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval