Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma Problems (binding)

Did you loose telemetry on the Controller?
Did the Chroma LEDs go back to all white?
See anything else on the controller that might give a hint of what is happening?
I'm thinking the act of starting the motors is causing the Chroma to loose bind. Anything you can describe will help.
Will go out and do it again and look at screen I didn't think I lost telemetry tho.

OK,
2nd try, telemetry/screen always solid, no glitch at all.
Tom a question.
When I bought the H I was asked if I wanted a couple of ST10s for free, I said okay.
They charged okay and they are sitting under my desk, do think that they may bind to the Chroma if needed??
I never got a battery charger with the H so I ran the 2 batteries down to about 15.2 awaiting a charger.
That good????

That is excellent. I was going to ask if you could bind to the ST16. Another ST10 is EXACTLY what you need to try. I'll stand by. Hoping it doesn't cause a new binding issue, but you gotta take a chance every now and then.

OK,
1st ST10+ would not get a solid BLUE GPS.
Next ST10 went all the way AND 4 white and the RED LED were visible at last and were probably always there.
Pays to look harder.
All beeps were as they should.
No motor start tho.
Do want to try an ST 16?

1st ST10+ would not get a solid BLUE GPS.

Said "blue" for the first ST10. Did you get purple for the second?

It would be good to at least try the ST16. If it does not have a Chroma model template, use a Q500 template. It will be close enough to bind and try to start motors. Not sounding good, but odd that there is a difference between tries.

Said "blue" for the first ST10. Did you get purple for the second?

It would be good to at least try the ST16. If it does not have a Chroma model template, use a Q500 template. It will be close enough to bind and try to start motors. Not sounding good, but odd that there is a difference between tries.
TOM,
You must have my relpy about the ST16 bind not working.

The voices in my head at night keep whispering 'Stevie boy 'the FC it's something in the bird that's prodding the FC 'I'm crook mate ?
I am giving the bird another GUI examination this a.m. to have another look at all the menus on the left of the screen.
I will report on this.

TOM,
You must have my relpy about the ST16 bind not working.

The voices in my head at night keep whispering 'Stevie boy 'the FC it's something in the bird that's prodding the FC 'I'm crook mate ?
I am giving the bird another GUI examination this a.m. to have another look at all the menus on the left of the screen.
I will report on this.
Report on 2nd GUI.
All sensors in the green.
Motors will run.
RE calibrate accelerometers, All good.

Still can only see 2 white LEDs toward the front, not 4. Maybe this means something??
3 white now looking harder but wait there's more.....
Took the bird outside and did not get a GPS solid BLUE on the Tx, this after getting 10+ sats 30 mins ago. Tried with another Tx which bound the other day, Solid BLUE GPS but no visible sats on the screen, that is why a 'written off' sticker is on the rear I guess.
I firmly believe that these Tx's suffer from a 'number of starts' issue.
Then they call enough already?
I reckon the Chroma FC, both old and new are okay.
What do you think?
I may have access to another 10+, I,'ll ask HAYDN over here if it is new.

Yes, the issue could be a controller. I see now why you were saying "blue". I thought you were looking at the Chroma LED, not the Tx.

You are right, I do not see a post about the ST16 not working. Did the ST16 bind at all?

On thing to try. Lay the OLD Chroma mainboard on the table. Plug in a battery, but nothing else plugged in except the IMU board that sits on the mainboard itself. Then turn it on. You should get the four White, 1 red LEDs. Be interested if it does that.

Yes, the issue could be a controller. I see now why you were saying "blue". I thought you were looking at the Chroma LED, not the Tx.

You are right, I do not see a post about the ST16 not working. Did the ST16 bind at all?

On thing to try. Lay the OLD Chroma mainboard on the table. Plug in a battery, but nothing else plugged in except the IMU board that sits on the mainboard itself. Then turn it on. You should get the four White, 1 red LEDs. Be interested if it does that.
16 did bind because 16 only showed Typhoon in model page, will give the old FC a whirl.

16 did bind because.....

"did bind" or "did not bind" ? The Chroma will bind to a Typhoon Model, and will start motors (no props). I would not try to fly Chroma on Typhoon model, don't know enough about the model differences. I bound my Chroma to the Typhoon model of an ST10+, and it allowed me to start motors, but that is as far as I took it.

No bind.
I'll see if I can get the 16 to talk to the Chroma, no props.
I got NO LEDS when I connected old chroma FC.
Will connect charger to bat and.await a full charge and do it again.
I am a bit reluctant to fiddle with the 16 not sure if I will screw it I up.
Will I use the same binding procedure with the 16 as the 10?, there is no Q500 remember.

The binding sequence should be similar, but if you are not comfortable with changing the model on the ST16, then don't do it. It is not worth messing up the only bird you have flying just for troubleshooting.

What Chroma battery voltage were you seeing on the ST10 screen when you were bound to the Chroma?

Good answer Sir.
Bat voltage I truly cannot remember exactly but it was not low.
Sounds like the old FC is truly dead. If no other controllers are available, we are at a dead end. Have you already messaged @Haydn to see if he has another available?

If you get bored, it might be worth the time to pull the new mainboard board out of the chroma and do the table top test on it. The question of whether the board LEDs are showing correctly at "power on" puzzles me. It would be a good question to resolve.

What's the saying over there,??? Oh that's it,,...MY BAD or was it......DOH :eek:
TURN FC BOARD ON DUMMY?

Okay, now I have 5 white LEDS, 4 flashing and one not.

On switch on, Red briefly next to steady white then RED off.

?

I THINK that is what my board does if I unplug the IMU chip (big black block beside the red LED). Maybe a bad IMU? Try unplugging and plugging the IMU connector a couple time, and try again. I will go pull a board back out, and we can compare what we see. Take me about 15-20 minutes.

I THINK that is what my board does if I unplug the IMU chip (big black block beside the red LED). Maybe a bad IMU? Try unplugging and plugging the IMU connector a couple time, and try again. I will go pull a board back out, and we can compare what we see. Take me about 15-20 minutes.
Pulled a board out, unplugged the IMU, and got the same thing. Four white blinking, one solid beside the red (red off). Could be something other than the IMU on your board, but your board is not initializing correctly.

Do you still have your old Chroma Main Board? And its IMU module?

By the way, "FC board" usually refers to the controlling board inside the ST10+. I'm pretty sure we are both talking about the Mainboard inside the Chroma, but wanted to make sure.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval