Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Completely new to flying drones. Need some advice

Reaction score
I know flying drones can be a little tricky depending on location. Where can I find reliable info on where I can and cannot fly. I just dropped some serious cash on one and want to make sure I'm playing by the rules so I don't get it taken away. Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

I know flying drones can be a little tricky depending on location. Where can I find reliable info on where I can and cannot fly. I just dropped some serious cash on one and want to make sure I'm playing by the rules so I don't get it taken away. Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Brian,

Both Eagle’s Eye and I just replied to your similar thread announcing the imminent arrival of your H Plus.

Eagle gave you some great advice. May I suggest you start there and work your way to where you can fly.

Not to leave you high and dry, however... you might start with the FAA web site along with Part 107 info and tutorials. While I can’t assume you want to go commercial, studying for the 107 is never bad advice. It exposes you to the answers of your questions just posed.

Jeff

A ridiculously general guideline... any place that's really cool is restricted. National Parks, wildlife preserves, National Monuments, most State Parks. Various infrastructure... dams, wind farms, bridges, railroads, the VLA... all usually have some restrictions.

FAA Airspace Restrictions

Also, various natural landmarks, including privately owned (Meteor Crater, AZ) or on tribal land... (Antelope Canyon, Window Rock, Tent Rocks Monument). Encounters with BLM or NPS have the potential for not going well.

Last edited:
Brian,

Both Eagle’s Eye and I just replied to your similar thread announcing the imminent arrival of your H Plus.

Eagle gave you some great advice. May I suggest you start there and work your way to where you can fly.

Not to leave you high and dry, however... you might start with the FAA web site along with Part 107 info and tutorials. While I can’t assume you want to go commercial, studying for the 107 is never bad advice. It exposes you to the answers of your questions just posed.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I will go and study up on the regs. Looking forward to getting to know all the aspects of my newest hobby.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Something worth remembering; if it’s private property we no legal right to take off from or land on it. Legally we must have permission first. Flying over private property is often a different matter unless the airspace itself is FAA restricted. Learning how to read FAA authorized aviation charts is very beneficial. Altitudes of 200’ AGL or more is the altitude civil agencies use for surveillance purposes to avoid private property and illegal search violation concerns.

Reactions: Barton

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x640536786