Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Component life span

Reaction score
Good morning all, I am just wondering about component life span expectancy. I’ve logged about 35 hours of flight time with my mantis q and I am starting to notice a degradation of the controller transmission power. Early on I could fly when the controller had 2 out of four dots on battery power and be fine but now it is getting to where if it’s anything less than a full charge I’m loosing video and connection randomly. Seems awfully early to be loosing a battery in the controller.

How and what are you doing to the battery after each flight?
What do you do with the battery if you don't fly for more than 3+ days?

I usually recharge the battery in the controller after 3 to 4 flights. Now I am charging it immediately after each flight since this issue has started. It works fine so long as it is fully charged. The mantis battery has not given me any issues. I only have the factory charger but I never store it fully charged. I let it charge briefly after a flight and that usually puts it between 30 to 40 % and then I store it. When I know I am going to fly I charge it the rest of the way probably 4 hours before I actually use it.

Do you have an ohm meter to check at what level you're storing at?
I only fly an H, but after each flight and several hours later (so battery is cooled down) do I put the battery in storage.
( I have 11 batteries in rotation, so I know it could be a week before I use it again)
Not sure it's a good idea to charge for a few minutes after each flight, I'll have to refer others to chime in?

Reactions: LinsonW
The issue is in the controller somewhere, it’s sealed and only charges by usb type c. Not having an issue with the craft itself. Once the controller is less than full charge it has trouble staying connected. No issues with connectivity as long as the controller is fully charged.

Ahhh my misunderstanding
The controller battery you can keep and should be fully charged at all times, unlike the batteries for the drones.

I just checked the User Manual and the specs on the controller say it uses a 3000mAh 3.7V LiPo battery. So best not to store at full charge or seriously depleted for more than 3 or 4 days.

This depletion may be something you should contact Yuneec CS about. I know you have owned this less than a year, but it is getting close.

Reactions: LinsonW
Since when did they start using lipo's in controllers and why?

I thought it to be odd also, but the manual plainly stated it to be a LiPo and not a Li-ion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace