Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Comunication Lost, one more time...

Reaction score
Hi. I have a problem between my H520 and my E90. Every time I walk just 100 meters from the st16, I lose communication between them. The secretary is responsible for reminding me again and again that communication is lost. In addition to all the above, there is a quite important lag between the movement of the gimbal and the received image. I bought the device from a friend of mine, so I rule out any problem caused by a crush. Rather, I think the problem is related to software, or perhaps, some kind of calibration that I have not done because of ignorance? Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

First of all, make sure you have the 3 antennas tight and oriented towards the sky. Then update the whole system, the H520 and the ST16S. If you still have problems, do a factory reset of the ST16S and update again. Try each change if it's fixed.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks Arruntus, I have already tried the three steps you tell me. Also in that order precisely and nothing ...

I understand, who sold it to you, didn't have that problem? Ask him.

Check that the contacts of the camera with the aircraft, and the contacts of the aircraft are clean. Clean them anyway, the best way to make sure is by "erasing" them. A cream eraser. A pencil eraser. This is the sloppy method, if you have CRC, better. An electronic contact cleaner.

You have checked the ST16S antennas, check that the E90 antenna is firmly attached, that it does not move.

Try unlink the camera completely and linking it again.

Do you know anyone who has the E90 or E50? Try it for a moment, link it and do tests, try to discard that it is the camera. And while we're at it, if possible, ask hin to let you try it with his ST16S.

The idea is to find out what is failing, if the H520, if the E90 or the ST16S. Once you find out, you can continue testing.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
The cleaning of the contacts between the camera and the device with an eraser, or with spray for connectors had not occurred to me, thank you very much for the idea Arruntus. What if it starts to get through my head, is that maybe it could be that the contact of the video antenna with the station is in a bad state, you know, it may have been forced at some time and the wiring is in disrepair. Anyway, another issue to discard. Thank you.

That the antenna of the camera, by a blow, by being forced into the foam, etc., deteriorates has happened to more people. It could be the problem.

Look at this thread, @Haydn did an excellent piece of photographic work on the H520 and E90. It can help you determine if it is the antenna of the E90.

Please tell us if you can find the problem.

P.D.: Haydn how are you? It's been a long time since you've given any signs of life.

Try out what Arruntus says, but if the problem is persistent, it could pint towards a hardware malfunction related to ST16S antenna/E90 antenna, or their respective WiFi boards.

Another thing to consider is WiFi interference. Have you tried testing your copter in a WiFi-free zone, like open fields, far from civilization?

Hi. Yesterday, and with the express permission of the seller, I opened the ST16S to see the connections of the antennas and I did not see anything strange there. I also checked out the E90 as much as I could and I did not see anything out of the ordinary either. I'm afraid the problem is with the camera antenna. So on Monday he returns to Yuneec. Thank you very much for everything. When I know for sure what the problem was, I will publish it.

It could be that the antenna on the E90 has been rotated... Some people think that it in screws... IT DOES NOT. You HAVE to remove back arm cover Plastic disc. Then two Phillips head screws and you can then unclip the antenna cable from the WiFi board.
This is what I would think has happened.

@arruntus ... I've been busy with work mate.
Just trying to sell drones and Support customers and resellers.

Trying to arrange and develop new accessories for the H520/H Plus..

Glad to hear it. Having too much work is as good as it is bad, but you know....... ;)

You'll tell us, when you can, interesting things, we need them :D

Thx Haydn

Reactions: Haydn
Hello Haydn, thank you very much for your advice. So, it could be that the wiring going from the antenna to the Wi-Fi board could not make contact, is that it?

Yes. If the antenna on the bottom of the C23/E90 has been turned around a couple of times. It'll be broken in there.
Part number
YUNE90106SVC
Around US$20

Reactions: Elminte
Thanks again, Haydn. I'm going to look at the antenna and if I see that I can not solder the terminations, I'll buy a new one.

After giving a thousand laps to the subject, I gave up and sent the drone with the E90 camera and the ST16S to Germany. They have taken, for reasons that are not relevant but if someone is curious I explain it in another post, but in the end it turns out that a transmission or broadcast module was burned, I do not remember well. Solution? ST16S new. I write this for people who, like me, have tried to solve a problem on their own.

After giving a thousand laps to the subject, I gave up and sent the drone with the E90 camera and the ST16S to Germany. They have taken, for reasons that are not relevant but if someone is curious I explain it in another post, but in the end it turns out that a transmission or broadcast module was burned, I do not remember well. Solution? ST16S new. I write this for people who, like me, have tried to solve a problem on their own.

Bad luck, mate. In a mass production some frog module always comes out. Unfortunately it always touches those who are further away or at the most inopportune moment, Murphy's law is called, isn't it?

Thank you for sharing, a colleague can help you. I hope not to me :rolleyes: :)

Reactions: Elminte

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval