Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Control Settings, Don't do what I did!!

Ah thank you guys. That all makes sense. I had done a no prop test with my Chroma a few times. Mainly after a crash in the dirt. But the Chroma is less advance. Guess I got 6 spare motors now. :)

Thanks again guys!

Reactions: Forrestt
I sure hope it is okay to run the H with the props off but idling.
I did that for 2 hours to drain the battery from full to storage when I could not use it. It was raining so could not hover it outside.
The motors never got hot or seemed to have any issues. I did not throttle them.

I sure hope it is okay to run the H with the props off but idling.
I did that for 2 hours to drain the battery from full to storage when I could not use it. It was raining so could not hover it outside.
The motors never got hot or seemed to have any issues. I did not throttle them.
I dont see where that would hurt anything.

Well everything seems to be working once again. Props on and motors worked as normal. It crashed on the 14th of June, I got a few feet off the ground July 14th. A whole month of no H. The new motors got sent out today.....Anyone need a motor? Lol

I want to mention here that you can and SHOULD make a backup of your controller profile before messing with it. I would make a copy and mess with that.

This would allow you to switch back to the default one if you mess everything up. I don't see this mentioned much.

I want to mention here that you can and SHOULD make a backup of your controller profile before messing with it. I would make a copy and mess with that.

This would allow you to switch back to the default one if you mess everything up. I don't see this mentioned much.

Good point. When I got my H back, I went in and reset everything to as it came from the factory. Since the Yuneec tech left it as it was.

Since the H controls are more sensitive, (even in turtle mode) than my Chroma. I decided I wanted to put a curve in the controls. Picture below is how it looks normally. Now when I did my ELE, I tapped the box on the right. When i did my AIL, I messed up and reset it and tried again.

HOWEVER I knew it was J4. So I tapped the J4 on the left box. And added it with the throttle and motor button by mistake. Being unclear I figured it was just to monitor those channels together. When in fact it combines them together somehow.

This is the result when the AIL (J4) is at 5% to full right. It mimics the motor button and WILL shut the motors off. And if you are like me, crash into a 3 foot wide irrigation canal. More than 20 acres I was flying around and that's where it drops.

Contacted Yuneec, sent it in because it wasn't till just before I taped up the box that I figured out what happened. I even tested my theory and was able to stop and start the one motor that still worked by the right stick all the way to the right.

Yuneec says it is my fault as it is not how the controller is set from the factory. True.
But I question that. When J4 is at 6% on the monitor, if you move to 5% it jumps to -25%. Now when J4 is by itself, turtle mode it moves to 25%. In rabbit it is about 10%. I don't remember and don't have my controller. So is there a glitch?

I'm awaiting the estimate on repair costs. Arms, body, landing gear, GPS, and surprisingly the camera feed (even though the camera spent 20 mins at the bottom of the canal) are the only things that still worked. The H was bearly in the grass and never made it to the bottom.
I did you what you did, crap... and i freaked out a bit. But I cleared all the data in the "FlightMode" app and it resets everything to default. You an get to the FlightMod app by exiting to the android desktop by selecting Pad>>> settings >>> Apps >>> FlightMode >>> Clear data. You may have to swipe left/right on the apps setting page to get to "ALL" page. Afterwards, the controller will need to go thru the bidding process for the camera and drone. Sorry, that you crashed your drone :-(

Hate to say it, but when you changed the programming to permit motor kill with a stick command you owned the crash. Learn from it and keep moving forward.

Hate to say it, but when you changed the programming to permit motor kill with a stick command you owned the crash. Learn from it and keep moving forward.
That is true and I did. I also failed at checking how the controls reacted before taking off. But I did find my mistake and owned up to it. Electronics were replaced and got back flying :)

Yea I would like to see a detailed manual on those settings as well. I'd like to soften up the up down control on the camera and also the pan control. The way the up/down on the camera is set its like its all on or all off. Hard to get a nice smooth ramp up and down with it set the way it is. And I'd like to smooth out the panning a bit. When you flip the switch to return to home its much faster than you can get with the pan control. Saw one vid but it was in German. Using those settings to set up the button on the right side that is unused to do some function. I'd like to use that button to point the camera rearward quickly like the return to front pointing works.

I've posted a thread on this topic with pictures of settings for what you are requesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval