Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cooling vents over the motherboard.

Can this be shipped to the US from the UK or should we look for something here in the US ?

Non reversible thermal stickers should be available from any decent electronics firm, same as for heatsinks.

I just got off the phone with tech support at Yuneec USA. They are sending me a RMA and paperwork so that I can send my TH in for an evaluation. Presently since the middle of September firmware update I have noticed an Oder coming out of hot or burning wire covering coming from my TH .they said that I didn't have to send in my ST 16 or a battery or anything just the TH. I'm just hoping this is a good move on my part keep me in your prayers. Fly safe.

Last edited:
Are the leaves starting to fall and turn colors in your area? I've noticed that it is here in Arkansas, I hope if you are on the East Coast you will not be affected by Mathew.

Scoops are a really bad idea unless they face opposite the direction of flight. Even then border turbulence can cause ingestion of moisture and debris. A better idea might be downward facing louvers that induce airflow through the fuselage to exit out of another set of strategically located louvers. The inlet louvers might have a "fence" on the inside that would deflect incoming moisture away from electronics but still provide directional airflow. We don't want anything over or around the GPS that might interfere with signal strength.

The more light an object absorbs, the more heat is absorbed, because light is energy. If you consider colors, black absorbs the most heat. A black object absorbs all wavelengths of light and reflects none. Objects that are white, on the other hand, reflect all wavelengths of light and therefore absorb less heat. The flat dark charcoal grey, almost black color of the roof-plate is not helping matters. When you couple the absorbed heat of the roof with the internal heat that is generated by the electronics, the total heat of the craft is greater than if you only had the internal generated heat. Therefore Painting the roof glossy white, will in fact reduce the total heat of the craft. I'm not saying it will solve the Th problem altogether but it will in fact reduce heat.

The more light an object absorbs, the more heat is absorbed, because light is energy. If you consider colors, black absorbs the most heat. A black object absorbs all wavelengths of light and reflects none. Objects that are white, on the other hand, reflect all wavelengths of light and therefore absorb less heat. The flat dark charcoal grey, almost black color of the roof-plate is not helping matters. When you couple the absorbed heat of the roof with the internal heat that is generated by the electronics, the total heat of the craft is greater than if you only had the internal generated heat. Therefore Painting the roof glossy white, will in fact reduce the total heat of the craft. I'm not saying it will solve the Th problem altogether but it will in fact reduce heat.

Yes just go to parking lot and place hand on white and then black vehicle, I drive white truck in NC ! Tim

Another issue with the Hood Scoop is the effect on the aerodynamics and stability. Will the scoop although small cause a negative effect on the performance of the H with increase wind resistance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430