Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Couple questions before I purchase

Reaction score
My current camera multicopter is getting old and the analog video leaves a lot to be desired. I am not a fan of Apple or DJI so my next choice is going to be Yuneek. I have few questions that will help me decide if I am going to buy the H or look at something else.

1) Can I plug an external monitor into the St16 controller and have the the display show on a larger ground station?

2) Can I plug a pair of Fat Shark goggles into the HDMI port on the ST16 controller?

3) Is it possible to program just one waypoint for the Curved Cable Cam? At my local flying field I would like to be able to use CCC to set the copter in one spot and be able to use the right stick on the ST16 to completely control the camera.

1) Can I plug an external monitor into the St16 controller and have the the display show on a larger ground station?

Yes, there are many with external monitor setups in this exact configuration.

2) Can I plug a pair of Fat Shark goggles into the HDMI port on the ST16 controller?

Unknown to me
3) Is it possible to program just one waypoint for the Curved Cable Cam? At my local flying field I would like to be able to use CCC to set the copter in one spot and be able to use the right stick on the ST16 to completely control the camera.

I have never tried just ONE waypoint, but I know what you mean. Possibly, you could just let the drone hover (without CCC) and use the right stick to control the camera pan while in "GLOBAL" mode ? Others might have to weigh in on this one.

TYPHOON H all the way :)

3) Would be ideal not to have to be in CCC mode to have gimbal control on the right stick but from reading the instructions it seams like that would be the only way to accomplish it.

3) Would be ideal not to have to be in CCC mode to have gimbal control on the right stick but from reading the instructions it seams like that would be the only way to accomplish it.
I have only used the gimbal in global mode while in CCC mission. Hopefully someone else has tried it.

I guess I really don't have to have just one point, I can set two and just stop at the first one, use the right stick to control the gimbal and they carry on to the next point OR just cancel and come back right?

I guess I really don't have to have just one point, I can set two and just stop at the first one, use the right stick to control the gimbal and they carry on to the next point OR just cancel and come back right?
I was thinking that at first. However, I think you will want to actually "pause" the mission. I am not sure if it will time out depending on how long you are holding there, but that should work for you.

Point 2, I dont know about FatShark, but Yuneec Skyview work, Overview - Yuneec
Point 3, a single point CCC may not work (must try this), but a 2 point CCC definitely will, say either side of your flying field. You can then alternate between the points if wished. Or set the first point close to your take-off and the second where you want to hover.

You can then alternate between the points if wished.
This is sort of what I had in mind. I need to try the CCC more to see what limitations there might be. Thanks for the input Graham.

Well if you guys have a chance to try it out please let me know. I have my finger on the buy button ;)

Well if you guys have a chance to try it out please let me know. I have my finger on the buy button ;)
Will do. However, it is -5 where I am at right now, so it might not be for a couple of days. Then it might get up to 15 or so and that is more like it. Good luck!

Reactions: Raydee38
To me the Typhoon H has allot of upgradability to it........I got 2 weeks ago after careful consideration of all the others.....

Point 3. The H does not permit single waypoint CCC, but it will convert 2 waypoints to CCC. It can then be made to stop at the waypoints, fly backwards and forwards repeatedly between the two waypoints, or paused between the waypoints.
The camera angle can be controlled with the right stick at and between the waypoints when the Pan Mode switch is set to G even when the H flight path is paused. Tried this today.:) CCC is AWESOME.

Last edited:
Reactions: skwty
Point 3. The H does not permit single waypoint CCC, but it will convert 2 waypoints to CCC. It can then be made to stop at the waypoints, fly backwards and forwards repeatedly between the two waypoints, or paused between the waypoints.
The camera angle can be controlled with the right stick at and between the waypoints when the Pan Mode switch is set to G even when the H flight path is paused. Tried this today.:) CCC is AWESOME.
That is great info and just made up my mind to order the H. As long as I can pause the route and control the camera with the right stick that is exactly what I need.

That is great info and just made up my mind to order the H. As long as I can pause the route and control the camera with the right stick that is exactly what I need.

If you want to get the most out of CCC, then you'll want to get Tuna's UAV Toolbox. It's free to try and $10 to buy and it's worth every bit. UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

Reactions: skwty and Raydee38
My current camera multicopter is getting old and the analog video leaves a lot to be desired. I am not a fan of Apple or DJI so my next choice is going to be Yuneek. I have few questions that will help me decide if I am going to buy the H or look at something else.

Yes on the Monitor, I use a 22" 12v TV via HDMI, also the HDMI works for Fat Shark video goggles. I use a 2 way HDMI splitter and have two sets of goggles one for a spectator to watch as well.

Reactions: Raydee38

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones