Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash landing

Regardless, they still degrade with age. Two years is the generally accepted life cycle of a hobby grade lipo. Some will get a little more, but those are few in number. Anyone flying batteries getting close or past two years of age need to be very wary of their battery conditions. If they haven’t been logging flight time over the life of the battery to make periodic comparisons between new and now they might find themselves in for a nasty surprise with a very premature flight termination. When a battery can no longer provide the current demand the aircraft is the first to know...

Last edited:
By the way, the IR's you show are getting on the high side, I would consider to label and closely monitor that battery; high IR is a good sign of battery degradation.

Yep, that's the 10 month old battery... I got the H slightly used, so I don't know how good the storage routine of the previous owner was, but I did notice a shorter flight time compared to the new Ultrax. So I just used that batt for preflights and adjusting camera settings, then short low flights only till voltage drops to 15v. Having that charger confirmed my suspicion that the old battery is a little sick.

so i have finally got my Telemetry reports from my drone, how do i go about uploading it to the thread? is it a print screen job?

you can attach files by clicking the button on lower left of your posting/reply.

change the names of the files by adding .txt to them. otherwise they will not upload.

So here is my Telemetry from my crash flight, its gibberish to me but i am hoping someone on here can see something!

thanks in advance :D

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
The battery or the battery connectors are poor. The drop down of voltage in case motors demand power is too harsh.
At the end there is not enough power left to come down. Descend starts with 3m/s which is normal and increases up to 6m/s at the very end.
This is what it looks like for me. Unfortunately the other files from FlightLog are missing.

And, by the way, please don't destroy the FlightLog files by other tools like Excel or so.

br HE

Leanne, are you using the same ST16 for both drones? You should check (System Settings, Hardware Monitor) to make sure that the sticks are working properly. There have been lots of reports that the pots (potentiometers) under the sticks can get dirty, corroded or sticky. Search this forum for help in cleaning or replacing them.

Leanne, are you using the same ST16 for both drones? You should check (System Settings, Hardware Monitor) to make sure that the sticks are working properly. There have been lots of reports that the pots (potentiometers) under the sticks can get dirty, corroded or sticky. Search this forum for help in cleaning or replacing them.

No it’s two different set ups, that’s why i’m so confused and thinking that’s it’s something to do with where i’m flying them

The battery or the battery connectors are poor. The drop down of voltage in case motors demand power is too harsh.
At the end there is not enough power left to come down. Descend starts with 3m/s which is normal and increases up to 6m/s at the very end.
This is what it looks like for me. Unfortunately the other files from FlightLog are missing.

And, by the way, please don't destroy the FlightLog files by other tools like Excel or so.

br HE

Brilliant thank you, I will have a look into it :)

Up to me, u’d better search in the telemetry of the moment for clues of yr thought.... just to be completely sure of watching in the right direction,,,

Reactions: CraigCam
I have only telemetry from one of the two copter. As descibed above I suspect missing battery power. Maybe combined with downwash.
ScreenshotElevationHistogr.png
The voltage drops are unusual harsh:
ScreenshotVoltage.png
The descent rate is normal (3m/s) at the beginning and increases later on. This is how it looks with a 'magnifying glass':
ScreenshotDescent.png
The green line shows how it should look like if the descent rate remains 3m/s as it should be.

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: Graham and Dr Delta

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430