Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash Prevention-Typhoon H/H-Pro

Yuneec Skins

The Yuneec Parts Guy
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
yuneecskins.com
After Performing Nearly 60 Typhoon H/H-Pro Repairs, I thought I would Share some of the Causes and Issues I have encountered that have Caused Catastrophic Failures and Crashes.
I Feel Confident that 98% of Crashes could have been Prevented with Proper Instruction, Maintenance and Operation by Typhoon H & H-Pro Owners.
Feel Free to Correct Me, and Add any Additional Info.
I will continue to Add more to this Post, in my spare time.
Admins: If I am Duplicating an existing Thread, or Should have Posted this somewhere else, do what you like with it....;)Typhoon H Damaged Battery Connection 10.1.png
Typhoon H Battery Connection Detail 10.1.png
Typhoon H Extra Venting for Hoigh Temp.png
LiPo Batteries 10.3.png
LiPo Batteries 10.2.png
Do Not Use Counterfeit Props from China.png
Motor Arm Damage 10.2.png
Prevent Crashes Check Hardware Monitor 10.1.png
Prevent Crashes Check Hardware Monitor 10.2.png
Prevent Crashes Check Hardware Monitor 10.3.png

Hi John,

Good point on hardware check, I went flying last week and I packed everything I needed into a small rucksack, which included the st 16s, so setup drone and took off and found drone was drifting left and no other problems.
I realised that on the walk to beach i must have put some pressure on the rhd joy stick.

Next time I will disconnect the battery in the controller ??.

Dean

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Next time I will disconnect the battery in the controller
Removing the battery will not prevent that. Give the sticks a good stir before your flight. Use the hardware monitor to make sure they come back to center when released and that they track your movements without lag or jitters.

Hi John,

Thank you for your work.! It’s so often the little things that one can forget when your just about to lift off, and concentrate has then shifted from “the working of the drone” to the “Flying and concentrating on safe, but enjoyable responsibility of a 6 blade unit flying through the air” [emoji576][emoji100][emoji100] [emoji1360]☘️[emoji1132]

Awesome contribution John. It emphasizes the importance of consistently following a pre-flight check list including close inspection of the hardware.
Well done!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval