Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash

Reaction score
My typhoon h decided to flyaway into the woods during a real estate session the other day. It would not hold a position at about ten feet up going left to right and back again then it flew back over my head into the woods. I have been spraying the right joystick because it would become sluggish causing the forward and backward movement to be very slow. It broke one of the landing skids and one of the retractable landing arms will not lock in to place. The camera needs remounting however the camera looks undamaged. Is there a place to repair it somewhere in the central US. I tried Vertigo but have not heard back from them. Jon Lemay Little Rock

My typhoon h decided to flyaway into the woods during a real estate session the other day. It would not hold a position at about ten feet up going left to right and back again then it flew back over my head into the woods. I have been spraying the right joystick because it would become sluggish causing the forward and backward movement to be very slow. It broke one of the landing skids and one of the retractable landing arms will not lock in to place. The camera needs remounting however the camera looks undamaged. Is there a place to repair it somewhere in the central US. I tried Vertigo but have not heard back from them. Jon Lemay Little Rock
Try Carolina Drones,
What have you been spraying the stick with??

Reactions: rdonson
Contact cleaner safe for plastic. Seems like there is some warranty for the first year if sent to Yuneec.

Contact cleaner safe for plastic. Seems like there is some warranty for the first year if sent to Yuneec.
Sounds like you had it in Angle Mode?
Can you down load the telemetry for those to look at?

You will have to contact Yuneec if you want to initiate a warranty claim... they will instruct you on how to retrieve the telemetry from the ST-16... you will need to send them all the directories they specify, so their techs can review it and make a determination if this qualifies as a warranty covered event.

If they do decide that it is covered under warranty, they will send you shipping labels to the repair facility that will handle the work. From your location, that will likely be KAV Services in Kansas City.

You have the option of doing the repairs yourself... the parts you describe are relatively inexpensive and there are many YouTube repair videos out there... many in sticky threads in the Typhoon H HowTo: sections. Depends on the actual severity of the damage...

But here's the catch... many times in a crash there can be hidden damage that may not be "user repairable" particularly with these cameras. There are known CGO3+ calibrations that can only be performed at a service center. It all depends on your experience and background.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I asked it that way on purpose, Just making sure it wasn't in Smart mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss