Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed drone, now camera is intermittent.

Reaction score
I have the cgo3 on a blade chroma, and hit a tree the other day. The camera and gimbal fell off, but it appeared pretty good. It came unplugged, and the camera had twisted past the arm. I squeezed it past the arm, installed it, and plugged it in. Now it works most of the time, but does go limp in mid flight. I also noticed a heavy vibration coming from it when it is not working.

As the Chroma uses external wires and a plug to connect the gimbal to the aircraft it’s quite possible one of the wires was damaged at the connector, or the connector at the aircraft sustained some damage, and may be experiencing an intermittent short. There is virtually no strain relief fir the wire at the camera end so connection damage may have also been sustained there.

I would suggest calling Yuneec or Horizon Hobby customer service on Monday to see what they might be able to do for you. You might also shop around to see if you can find a new or used camera for the Chroma. The Chroma is a good little rig and worth keeping in working order. For all intents and purposes the imagery is just as good as a Typhoon H.

I will check it out first. I am pretty handy, just wanted to know where to look. There was no obvious damage to the wires, it just came apart at the plug, I will have to look closer. Even when it goes limp, the camera still works, but it vibrates real hard like its trying to straighten out, but cant.

I will check it out first. I am pretty handy, just wanted to know where to look. There was no obvious damage to the wires, it just came apart at the plug, I will have to look closer. Even when it goes limp, the camera still works, but it vibrates real hard like its trying to straighten out, but cant.
Just a thought, have you tried recalibrating the gimbal?

I have not, How do I do that? I got this used with no instructions, and this was my first drone. It is awesome by the way. My fault hitting the tree. My depth perception is terrible.

I am not familiar with the Chroma, so I'm not sure how you would do that...Maybe someone else could chime in that knows? I understand about the depth perception...It keeps me on my toes. The good thing about it is I feel like I am closer to an object than I really am. :p

Anyway, do you have a controller like I have with the Q500 4k? If so, you should be able to access your settings and calibrations through that...IE: Calibration for the Compass, Accelerometer and Gimbal.

I just googled it and it seems you have the ST10 Controller. That is what you use to access the Calibrations..First of all, you need to have the drone AND the controller on. Then you need to touch the settings (Gear Icon in the lower right corner of the screen) Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to access the Calibrations.

HTH

TW

You might want to make sure you have not damaged the plugin on the camera board. It is not hard to rip those connectors off. You might have just damaged it enough to cause the intermittent problem you are describing.

The CGO3 cannot be calibrated period.
Even in the GUI it cannot be calibrated. There is a option to calibrate but it does not work for the CGO3 camera. Only the CGO2+ cameras can be calibrated with the GUI.

Well, I believe you but I would have sworn I calibrated the gimbal on my Q500 4k...I remember watching it cycle all 3 positions and finally coming to rest centered and level....It makes me think I am losing my mind :p

The last 4 times I used the drone, i have had no problems with the camera or gimbal, so it appears to have fixed itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss