Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CRC QD Electronic Cleaner does work from the outside

Reaction score
Just tried the above from the inside corners of the joystick and it works. I really didn't think it would but it did like magic. Had the usual slow sticky 1/2 deflection J pot in hardware diag and figured I would try it and it works...That is AWESOME....

Just tried the above from the inside corners of the joystick and it works. I really didn't think it would but it did like magic. Had the usual slow sticky 1/2 deflection J pot in hardware diag and figured I would try it and it works...That is AWESOME....
True it does work. But......use caution when using it. The product comes out very cold and will cause some plastics to disintegrate after use. I am not saying it will happen over time, but it can happen right after using it.

Also, always allow it to completely evaporate after use and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes to let the plastic get back to room temperature. I learned this the hard way when I first started to use this product 20 years ago.

A bast of air as Craig said works well and I feel it should be the first means of attack.

I hadn't really noticed that with the new products. They do get cold but if you are using the type that is safe for plastic it seems to work well. It seems like the age of the pots is catching up with us resulting in the oxidation.

I hadn't really noticed that with the new products. They do get cold but if you are using the type that is safe for plastic it seems to work well. It seems like the age of the pots is catching up with us resulting in the oxidation.
I think what happens even with the safe for plastics one is that people don't wait long enough for it to warm up again, so in it's cold state it will be brittle and it fractures. I was somewhat younger back then and had no patience, but I still use the wait time as a rule of thumb.

I can see where it could be a problem if you get too aggressive with moving the sticks. But when you use the spray you need to move the sticks around to get the contacts cleaned. I guess we should add to the procedure to not slam them around.

I can see where it could be a problem if you get too aggressive with moving the sticks. But when you use the spray you need to move the sticks around to get the contacts cleaned. I guess we should add to the procedure to not slam them around.
Yes, and that was the problem I was having when younger. It was like when you would turn a dial over and over to get the distortion out of the volume knob. I just assumed that was what you did right after spraying.

Yup... I open mine occasionally but often a blast of air or a fast evaporating cleaner from the front fixes it right up.

One of my regular maintenance procedures is using canned air to blow dust out of the gimbals. In a year and a half I have not experienced "sticky" controls. Might that be due to the bi-weekly dusting process?

Reactions: Murray Martz
Could you do that on the top vents on the Q500 or beat leave aloan since it's all working as it should

Got two Joysticks ordered from Vertigo Drones. While waiting for them to arrive I cracked open the ST10+ tried to blow it out. The joysticks calibrated okay but when I go into Hardware Monitor and moved the sticks around I noticed that J2 (the one I was having problems with) does not center back to 0. Here is a screen shot of it.

Hardware Monitor.JPG

So I really should have posted and update....the quick fix did NOT work very long and I too had to open the 16 to get at the pots. So far so good though and after I found the 2 screws I missed the first attempt it actually does come apart easy...Sorry for the not so speedy reply. Happy Flying

Are you having a problem with the sticks?

Yes j2 is slugginsh in my hardware.all buttons turn green.but j2 is jumping 60-75 wont go 100 ocassionally.do i need to change sticks from vertigo?i did spray contact cleaner befre .

Yes j2 is slugginsh in my hardware.all buttons turn green.but j2 is jumping 60-75 wont go 100 ocassionally.do i need to change sticks from vertigo?i did spray contact cleaner befre .
You could certainly change the stick. They're about $24 each. Personally, I would open up the controller and spray directly on the sticks before changing them.
As noted in post #13 above, opening and spraying does a better job.

Reactions: Wakeborder2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval