Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Created a Thread to Introduce Yourself!

Greetings Yuneec Pilots,

I received a Typhoon h today and have been busy reading the documentation, registering with the FAA, signing up for this forum, charging batteries, watching videos etc. There certainly is plenty to learn about.

I've be a fairly longtime ham radio operator, photography and digital photography enthusiast, pro audio enthusiast, and mobile DJ. Flying video platform drones seems a logical extension to these hobbies. This is my first dive into drone flight other than a toy quad I purchased 2 years ago.

I'm on the Eastern Shore of Virginia about 15 miles from the NASA Wallops Flight Facility (WFF) home of the Mid Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS). I retired from there 6 years ago, since then WFF has built a state of the art UAV runway and performs quite a bit of R&D on UAS.

I look forward to learning to fly and make videos with my Typhoon h!

73's...de......KD4NFI IceMan

Hi Folks;
Jim Hinton from Brighton, CO here (WaterMainMan). I just purchased a refurb Typhoon H with all of the goodies. I'm hoping to get a break in the weather enough to fly it. I've been flying RC since the 70's and I've been flying RC helis for about 12 years. I generally wait for pretty ideal conditions before I send one up for the first time. In the mean time, I've been reading up on the Typhoon H and getting some great tips on calibration from the forum. Happy Flying!

Hello! I'm Mike. After 28 years, I retired from Naval Aviation. During my Enlisted career, I was a LC-130 Loadmaster in Antarctica and a P-3 Flight Engineer with over 5000 hours in Lockheed Martin aircraft. My last 12 years, I was a Aerospace Maintenance Duty Officer (AMDO-1520) and worked with FA-18's and served on many aircraft carriers supporting the aircraft maintenance effort. So I guess aviation has always been in my blood.

In 2004, my Air Force counterpart & neighbor got me hooked on RC fixed wing aircraft and flew mostly SIG aircraft at our local RC club, but over the past 5 years they were just gathering dust in my garage. In 2013, I bought a hobby farm and the intent was to build a runway and fly them here... Well, never seemed to find enough time to do that between taking care of the farm and working my second career, so last month I found a young RC pilot and passed my fleet down to him. Not soon after, that nagging feeling started to sink in... I need to do something with flying... Drones seems to be the perfect fit. Definitely as a hobby for now, but maybe down the road may make a run at a business... Who knows.

After lots of research, last night I bought the Yuneec Typhoon H w/ real sense! Very excited as it should be delivered on Tues. So my plan is learn and absorb as much information as I can with the group and hopefully someday help people along the way. I have reviewed many of the videos on line and will continue to do so. I also just completed a drone online course offered by Embry Riddle about the do's and don't of flying drones. Will take it slow, but can't wait to get started.

Thanks for creating this forum!

Cheers,
Mike (mac1520)

Reactions: rory
Hi Mike; Welcome aboard. Lots of great info here. I've had my TH Pro for about a month. It's a refurb so I had some bugs to work out. Operates great now. I'm still learning a lot about this aircraft. Like you I had lots of RC experience prior. Feel free to pop up with questions, I've gotten a lot of help on the forum. Yuneec's customer service has done well by me also.

Jim

Reactions: rory
Hello! I'm Mike. After 28 years, I retired from Naval Aviation. During my Enlisted career, I was a LC-130 Loadmaster in Antarctica and a P-3 Flight Engineer with over 5000 hours in Lockheed Martin aircraft. My last 12 years, I was a Aerospace Maintenance Duty Officer (AMDO-1520) and worked with FA-18's and served on many aircraft carriers supporting the aircraft maintenance effort. So I guess aviation has always been in my blood.

In 2004, my Air Force counterpart & neighbor got me hooked on RC fixed wing aircraft and flew mostly SIG aircraft at our local RC club, but over the past 5 years they were just gathering dust in my garage. In 2013, I bought a hobby farm and the intent was to build a runway and fly them here... Well, never seemed to find enough time to do that between taking care of the farm and working my second career, so last month I found a young RC pilot and passed my fleet down to him. Not soon after, that nagging feeling started to sink in... I need to do something with flying... Drones seems to be the perfect fit. Definitely as a hobby for now, but maybe down the road may make a run at a business... Who knows.

After lots of research, last night I bought the Yuneec Typhoon H w/ real sense! Very excited as it should be delivered on Tues. So my plan is learn and absorb as much information as I can with the group and hopefully someday help people along the way. I have reviewed many of the videos on line and will continue to do so. I also just completed a drone online course offered by Embry Riddle about the do's and don't of flying drones. Will take it slow, but can't wait to get started.

Thanks for creating this forum!

Cheers,
Mike (mac1520)
Nicely done[emoji573]

Reactions: mac1520
Hi, My name is Andre. I own a Q500 4K, one Typhoon H standard, one Typhoon H with Realsense and ... one DJI Mavic pro. I'm essentially interested by aerial photography, so not too much by racing. I'm not yet fully acquainted with drones but could use them carefully and progressively to achieve what I intend to.

Howdy,
My name is Pawkee. I’m from the Austin, Texas area. I recently purchased a Typhoon H Pro. I plan on using it and others for commercial work including ranch surveys, animal census, herd management, fishing etc.

I look forward to the exchange of info.

Howdy,
My name is Pawkee. I’m from the Austin, Texas area. I recently purchased a Typhoon H Pro. I plan on using it and others for commercial work including ranch surveys, animal census, herd management, fishing etc.
I look forward to the exchange of info.
Welcome to the Forum. You came to the right place for informational exchange.

Reactions: pawkee
Greetings, I’m a 107 certified pilot in Springfield Oregon. I’ve been flying dji for a while and I’m seriously thinking about jumping ship. Here to ask a few questions and absorb opinions.

Hi too all new to this drones can be addicting tried helis before but crashed the first one i got so for many years did not think about getting in to RC again until i started to see the drones got me hooked i have a q500+ 3dr solo and my favorite yuneec breeze 4k.

Hi I’m Chris and I recently purchased a few drones and one of them is the Typhoon H Pro with RS. I have not flown her yet, but learning slowly and got to do calibrations over the weekend. I spend time between Chino Hills and Temecula in Sounthern Callifornia and would like to learn more about this drone from the community/ enthusiasts who fly them.

I am fortunate that we always have drone-friendly weather over this area, Im excited about this new hobby.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Jesus, from Galicia in Spain. I used to fly a DJI Phantom but recently I bought a Typhoon H. I'm happy to join this forum, I expect to learn a lot and share my experiences. Kind regards

This is Tim I bought my Breeze a few months ago, and I love it.
I'm from North Dakota and would like to find others to fly with

This is Tim I bought my Breeze a few months ago, and I love it.
I'm from North Dakota and would like to find others to fly with

Welcome to the forum Tim!

You will find a lot of good people and information on this site. I see you are looking for others to fly with, so be sure to add yourself to the Yuneec Pilots map. It started as a map for Typhoon H users, but has grown to include all Yuneec drones. It can hopefully help you find someone in your area to enjoy the sport with.

Hello all pilots , my name is Brian I’m from Corpus Christi Tx , I have flown rc helis and planes for awhiles now and decided to move on and now have a breeze 4k , I’m looking forward to learning more of the hobby , I real enjoy it , and wanna look to getting licenced eventually , wanted to see if anyone close by or testing places , fly safe to fly again

Hello All
I am a happy future owner of a H520-E90
I created a NPO linked to japanese heritages
named: 一般社団法人国際日本美術歴史文化研究保存協会
General Incorporated association for international study and preservation of: Japanese arts, history and culture.

the purposes of this baby will be to make aerial photogrammetry and also presenting in videos: holly areas from japan
I have a pilot licence and an agreement of the MLIT in japan :)

Hello, I've been on since March, I guess I should have done this first. My name is Tom and I am new to the Typhoon H, it's only my third drone. First was a Syma X5C then a Hubsan H109s, which I lost in a lake by my own doing for not paying attention. Seem to be a good site for info and help for newbee's. I'm in California for now, but move to Maine next year.

Hello, I've been on since March, I guess I should have done this first. My name is Tom and I am new to the Typhoon H, it's only my third drone. First was a Syma X5C then a Hubsan H109s, which I lost in a lake by my own doing for not paying attention. Seem to be a good site for info and help for newbee's. I'm in California for now, but move to Maine next year.
Hello Tom I’m Brian and own typhoon h aswell and there is a lot people here that can give great advise and help , they have guided me through the beginner process , feel free to ask any questions and a lot of YouTube video aswell will help get started .. fly safe bud

Reactions: TomC9000

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig