Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Creating 360 panoramas

Excellent, River runner! Thank you!

I don't have photoshop, but have downloaded gimp to try. I can size the photo, select the area of sky, but that's where gimp differs. Does anyone know how to use the transform/scale in gimp? There are transform and scale buttons, but they don't function the same as photoshop.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
I have a Nikon KeyMission 360 camera and was thinking about attaching it to the existing camera! I know this probably won't work.

I expect in the future that some drones will have a 360 camera as standard.

Thanks for this! I used your tutorial and uploaded to 360cities with no problem. It's an awesome feature.

Hi RiverRunner.

Just watched your pano video.
Fantastic.
I'll watch it a few more times and it'll begin to sink in.
Thanks.

Jim

I've tried the Microsoft Ice and Cyberlink Photodirector 8 but they don't stitch my Yuneec panorama shots very well.
Should I change some settings on the camera ?
Would we be better if Yuneec increased the number of shots in a circle from 8 to 12 or more ?
I tried the free program that someone posted on here but that failed and I got very bogged down trying to create points for it to reference.
Any suggestions ?

Jim

I've had no problems with ICE - it just did it all completely automatically (18 photo panorama). As long as you have reasonable overlap (which they do) then it should be fine. It helps if there are plenty of features in the pictures for the stitching software to get hold of.

When you say 'not very well', what do you mean?

I've tried the Microsoft Ice and Cyberlink Photodirector 8 but they don't stitch my Yuneec panorama shots very well.
Would we be better if Yuneec increased the number of shots in a circle from 8 to 12 or more ?
I tried the free program that someone posted on here but that failed and I got very bogged down trying to create points for it to reference.
Any suggestions ?

Jim
If you use the dual layer option, it takes 18.

Paul D: Yes 18 for dual layer but I meant for each circle so 26 or more. Splitting the image into smaller segments.

Tuna:
This sort of thing.
Probably as said above: Not enough features for the software to recognize ? ?

Jim
Capture.PNG

Any suggestions ?

Jim
Jim,
You need to shoot the double layer panorama with the H. It make 18 shots. That's what you need to make the spherical panorama. ICE will stitch it automatically.
Screenshot_2016-11-16-08-41-15.png Screenshot_2016-11-16-08-41-36.png

Last edited:
Paul D: Yes 18 for dual layer but I meant for each circle so 26 or more. Splitting the image into smaller segments.

Tuna:
This sort of thing.
Probably as said above: Not enough features for the software to recognize ? ?

Jim
View attachment 4157

You're right, that picture does look odd. It looks like the left and right edges don't match up - are you certain you picked the full set of images to stitch and didn't miss one out? I'd take a look at the original shots and just make sure you actually have a full 360 degree set.

If the software can't make a full circle, it may have problems aligning the horizon. Where pictures have large featureless areas, the software can find lining up the overlap difficult - apart from the horizon you're pretty much trying to match one wave with the next wave.

RiverRunner:
Thanks for the clear example but that's exactly what I did.
Just done another and here's the uncropped result.
Different set of pictures from before but it was 18
It looks as thought there isn't enough detail for the software to be sure what to stitch. ? ?

Attachments

• YUN00028_stitch.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 25
RiverRunner:
Thanks for the clear example but that's exactly what I did.
Just done another and here's the uncropped result.
Different set of pictures from before but it was 18
It looks as thought there isn't enough detail for the software to be sure what to stitch. ? ?
The problem may be that the downward looking shots are all grass so there is no way for the software to figure out how to align them. I would try a new set of images with more unique details.

Thanks for the help Gents.
When I get a few minutes spare and some decent weather I'll find a venue with plenty of detail.
Cheers.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop