Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curved Cable Cam (CCC) H Plus

Reaction score
I'm still struggling with my CCC feature not working 75% of the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it'll only fly the route backwards or the other way around. What that tells me though, is that I'm doing it right and something is off perhaps in the software? I've been keeping up with my updates religiously, usually after every flight. I just had another update last night but I've stopped holding my breath expecting any changes to the CCC. Last night's was for the gimbal. I guess I need to call CS at Yuneec. This is the one feature that I really wanted.

I've looked at all the CCC "tutorials" on YT and at Yuneec, none of which are up-to-date with this model but the same basic principles should apply. The fact that I've had some success tells me I'm not the one screwing up. Anyone else out there? I'm hoping, as the weeks pass after this new model gets into more hands, more people will have some solutions. If I'm the only one having the issue I want to know that too.

I'll end on a positive. I sure love the ability to slowly and steadily pan with this camera/gimbal. I also love that it videos pretty darned decent in low-light.

OK, well that makes me feel somewhat better. Seems to confirm that it's not me screwing up. Have you talked to Yuneec about it?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
No, I sorta feel that it would be a waist of time. Yuneec USA is a repair facility and only does what Yuneec China allows. All decisions and fixes are done in China and they typically don't announce when the're coming so I suspect a call to Yuneec USA would get a response like 'we know about and are working on it' when in fact it is likely they are as in the dark as us about when and if any fix is coming.

I hear what you are saying but if many (if not all of us, which is nuts) are having the CCC issue they (US Yuneec CS) at least need to know the problem is out there so they can pass word back to China. The Chinese makers surely want to correct the issue, they have a reputation to defend or build or maintain or whatever. You're probably right but there's surely no harm to tell their CS, otherwise, potentially, the problem might be overlooked or worse yet, never known about and addressed or at the very least slow in doing so.

You have a good point and I am guessing by now someone has. I also believe it is possibly that there are those at Yuneec USA who are flying the Plus for familiarity reasons and are seeing the same thing. And while they do not actively participate in this forum I am sure they are watching in some capacity but also I know they have a facebook page that they watch.

Hello guys, I still have yet to try this feature, but has any of you successfully flown in CCC mode?

I have performed precisely two out of maybe sixteen tries - it is not consistent yet and still needs work. Hopefully the new firmware that just showed up in the EU will address this soon.

After several tries I managed to use the CCC mode, but the Typhoon is running too fast !
Can not manipulate the camera, the course is finished before watching the screen ! LoL
The "" record.play.rewind "" member of the forum wrote this:
""The speed can be controlled with the Left throttle stick once it enters forward flight path (throttle stick up) or Reverse flight path (throttle stick down) and resume in adjusting the speed via throttle stick.""
Next Thursday, I will try again with this indication on controllable speed !

What firmware version are you on @gamik ? If you do not have the latest firmware you may not have all of the control over CCC that you should.

Speed of CCC (when it operates properly) is set by the amount of stick travel used to initiate the mission. The speed can be reduced or increased during the flight by adding in, or subtracting from, the original stick movement. To control the camera with the right stick - select the 'Global Pan Position' (Bottom) of the gimbal pan switch. If you leave this switch in the top or middle position the camera will be locked to the position it was in when you created the waypoints.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Everyone is talking to me about the control of the camera !
I use the camera with the CCC mode Typhoon H480 for a year and a half, I know how to use this camera, with the right stick, and global position mode to control it !
It's the Typhoon H Plus speed control I need !
I was told to use the left stick as soon as the Typhoon is on the move at the start of the course.
I will do this test next Thursday.

Everyone is talking to me about the control of the camera !
I use the camera with the CCC mode Typhoon H480 for a year and a half, I know how to use this camera, with the right stick, and global position mode to control it !
It's the Typhoon H Plus speed control I need !
I was told to use the left stick as soon as the Typhoon is on the move at the start of the course.
I will do this test next Thursday.

Gamik,

The “everyone” you are speaking of is only TyPilot.

In his last post to you, specifically, he tells you how to control the speed of the mission. Then, and only then, does he mention the camera aspect.

I understand your frustration, and am only replying because Ty replied with exactly what you are asking for... the speed control tips.

Please read Ty’s post again if you haven’t already.

Good luck!

Jeff

""everyone"" is around me and also on forums in Europe (France) ! LoL
I said that I went on a test next Thursday with this left stick to control the speed of movement of the typhoon.
That's the only feature I did not know about this CCC Typhoon H Plus mode !
I do not understand why the Chinese have changed the CCC mode with the H Plus !

I was responding to this, correct?

Can not manipulate the camera, the course is finished before watching the screen !

Something else important to understand is that, it is likely that if you are not on the correct firmware, you may only have partial functionality on the Plus CCC. @gamik I understand that you know how to use the CCC on the H 480 as do I, but I was just pointing that other stuff out for any who didn't know.

Reactions: gamik
Yes.
I manage to run the CCC mode with the H Plus, to one detail, is that I did not know what command there is to slow the speed of the Typhoon !
What I missed was this indication that you must use the left joystick after starting the drone to regulate the speed of movement.
For next Thursday, I'm ready for new tests !

Well, I have tried the CCC mode several times in recent days !
I stop because it is not reliable ! :(
I have the latest update, and I followed seriously the indications of each other, but still, this mode is not used properly.
You have to reposition the drone to the first recorded waypoint if you want it to start the CCC mode !
So how to record missions in a place, then come back and use the mission memorized, if we do not position the drone on the exact location of waypoint number 1 of this mission? :confused:
Another problem, as soon as the drone starts, I try to reduce the speed of movement with the left stick, as I was told on the forum, but nothing happens !
If you set the speed proportion dial very low, the drone does not start the mission !
If you set this speed proportion dial to high, the drone starts the mission, but you can not reduce the speed of the drone quickly, so you do not have time to manipulate the right stick to use the camera. panoramic and tilt ! :confused:
Yet, with my old drone, the H480, I use this CCC mode perfectly without worry !
I will not use this mode, as long as I have not seen a serious video tutorial on Youtube showing me correctly the use of this CCC mode. ;)
Sorry for my english, i'm french, .......... of course ! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33