Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Damage of ST16 for not installing Antennae?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is there any danger to the Tx for not installing the Whip(2x) Antennae or the Mushroom/Patch Antennae on the Tx and powering it up? The reason I ask is because I ALMOST powered my ST16 on tonight before installing any of the Antennae. I know on some other Tx units I've had it could possibly damage them w/o the antennae installed.

Just wondering if this is the case here too or if it not that powerful to harm the unit without them installed. . . .

It will eventually damage the RF module, but not instantly. So screw them on as quick as you can and you'll be fine.

I'm printing and adding an "Idiot Label" right next to the ON switch on the Tx to hopefully not have to worry about it :)

Thank you sir.

Is there any danger to the Tx for not installing the Whip(2x) Antennae or the Mushroom/Patch Antennae on the Tx and powering it up? The reason I ask is because I ALMOST powered my ST16 on tonight before installing any of the Antennae. I know on some other Tx units I've had it could possibly damage them w/o the antennae installed.

Just wondering if this is the case here too or if it not that powerful to harm the unit without them installed. . . .
It would certainly take some time, if at all. At the power levels WiFi operates at it would be unlikely. Like taking the antenna off a WiFi router at home.

It would certainly take some time, if at all. At the power levels WiFi operates at it would be unlikely. Like taking the antenna off a WiFi router at home.

Thank you. I had figured this Tx was operating at fairly low power levels but don't want to risk it just the same. Labels will be installed later today :)

It does take some time. What happens is the lack of antenna causes heat to build up in the RF deck. Heat is the enemy of electronics, especially when generated internally.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Telefoni