Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dashware and ST2dash

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Is there anyone there who can direct me to where I can get a simple and easy to follow tutorial on how to overlay my telemetry file data as a guage on my flying video. I've downloaded Dashware but the problem area for me is importing the telemetry file. Have looked at a few instructions and they just don't make sense.

Update - finally found a utube tutorial that was easy to follow and I've successfully created a video with telemetry overlay. Talk about a frustrating time!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyingJ
No probs guys - did not want to just assume anyone else was interested in this

Here is a link to a very short clip I posted showing result - you can use lots of different ways to display telemetry data

Once the video upload process has completed on utube you can access the short video clip via ; https://youtu.be/66h2tRHRve8

Last edited:
Most of my flights were from my front yard, Dashware telemetry altitude starts at 0'. Last week I went to a field down the hill and telemetry altitude start at 720', what is going on? Any way to reset to 0'?
Also, When I use DashWare to create a video, I get an error and no video, any help?

Hi Guys
Is there anyone there who can direct me to where I can get a simple and easy to follow tutorial on how to overlay my telemetry file data as a guage on my flying video. I've downloaded Dashware but the problem area for me is importing the telemetry file. Have looked at a few instructions and they just don't make sense.

Update - finally found a utube tutorial that was easy to follow and I've successfully created a video with telemetry overlay. Talk about a frustrating time!!!!!

Hi guy`s
I tried and traied but I got this error,

upload_2016-6-25_12-22-23.png

Can anybody help a old man in Norway

Rolf

Hi guy`s

View attachment 1400

Rolf
Yes I also facing the same error unable to load the flight log to the dashware, the video shown in the youtube is for Q5000 and is not for typhoon H, please help

The combination Dashware Profile and telemetry file above from Rolf will not work. The Profile is for converted telemetry, not the original one.
In short:
Step 1 - Prepare Dashware (only once the first time):
- download and install latest Dashware from Dashware Download - DashWare
- download profile "Yuneec Q500 v1.5" from http://www.drohnen-forum.de/index.php/Thread/12303-ST2Dash-der-Flightlog-Konverter-für-die-ST10-Q500/
- unzip "Yuneec Q500 v1.5.xml" and copy it to the Profile directory of Dashware: %HOMEPATH%\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles\
- restart Dashware. Now the new profile for Yuneec telemetry data from ST2DASH or q500log2kml is available everytime you use Dashware. Done.

Step2 - Convert telemetry file to Dashware format that fits the profile:
- download and install "ST2DASH" or "q500log2kml". The last one from here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
- read the description of the program of your choice.
- convert the telemetry file to Dashwarefiles.

Step3 - Use video file and fitting converted Dashwarefile (i.e. Telemetry000xxdashw.csv):
- start Dashware - create a new project
- add one or more video files (I guess Dashware cannot use 4k videos, it must be downsized to FullHD)
- add converted Dashwarefile (i.e. Telemetry000xxdashw.csv) as data logger file
- select "Yuneec Q500 v1.5" as relating profile
- sychnonize and do all the stuff that you want to do with your project...

Hope this helps.

Convert, view and anlyze your FlightLog data from a Yuneec FC (H920, Q500, Typhoon H, Blade 350QX2, Blade Chroma):
Download: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
Description: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: banned user
Hi guy`s

View attachment 1400

Rolf
Download ST2Dash.exe and convert the csv file to a corrected fil....import this and import the right Q500 data profile into "profiles".....documents>Dashwar>profiles under your userprofile....
Select the Q500 profile under "Data profiles" and your up running

Hi Folks,

New to the forum, and a new Pilot getting to grips with telemetry linking to GoPro videos from my Blade Chroma with GoPro Gimbal. Followed the links etc and have downloaded YuneecQ500 v1.5.xml and as a computer geek have had a good troll through it to understand what's going on. This may be an old known thing but In YuneecQ500 v1.5.xml (internal version number 2) there are two Calculators, a LapSummaryCalculator and an Averaging Calculator which both use Watts_i as an input, but there is no MathCalculator Multiplying Voltage with Current to derive Watts_i, so there will be no results for :Min Lap Watts, Max Lap Watts, Average Lap Watts or 30 Sec Average Watts, although I notice that these Sports dataCategory values are mapped to Power Lap Min, Power Lap Avg, Power Lap Max and Power 30 Sec Avg.
My German is non-existent so I don't see any future on the Drohnen-Forum to let Tami know (always presuming he doesn't?). If this is a known absence then please accept my apologies, if not then perhaps someone has enough German to let Tami know?

You have to download CLC (ChromaLogConverter. The program convert the data from the transmitter to an csv file when you ad in Dashware.In CLC you have a template you can use to.
Here is one of mine

Hi polymath,

Min Lap Watts, Max Lap Watts, Average Lap Watts or 30 Sec Average Watts

This section checks all possible values that Dasware can use against the input columns. If it is not there (and not all can be there) then it will be ignored and cannot be used. No problem so far. There are a lot more that are missing. For example an RC-car will not have ascent, so this is ignored by them and so on...

The only thing is, that Q500 and Chroma telemetry has more columns and slightly different order vs. Yuneec Typhoon H (YTH). That means, Line 9 'FileLineMatches' which describes the available columns will fit to Q500 but not 100% for Typhoon H. YTH has not 'cgps_used' and 'gps_pos_used'. 'gps_status in on a different position. But those values makes no sense as video inlay, so it may not a problem. 'cgps_used' are anyway the first two bits from the IMU status, thus are obsolete which was consequntly done at YTH.

Summary: "Yuneec Q500 v1.5.xml" fits perfect for Q500 and Blade Chroma and partially for Yuneec Typhoon H and H920(+).

Note: 'distance_from_start' and 'altitude' are computed values, 'Datetime' has different format but the rest is taken 1:1 from Yuneec telemetry. Q500log2kml conversion is the same as ST2Dash, only the algorithm to compute the altitude is different. Q500log2kml takes it from ST10 GPS data (RemoteGPS_xxxxx.csv) ST2Dash from internet.

br HE

Last edited:
Hi Rolf and Helmut,
Thanks for the replies. I actually don't have a problem with file conversion, Helmut's q500log2kml is doing a perfect job for me. What I was noting was the omission of some lines from Yuneec Q500 v1.5.xml, so that the mapped and derived lap wattages could not possibly work, as the derived column Watts_i was missing from a Math calculator. As it happens this is of little personal concern, as the Blade Chroma doesn't record Amperage (the column is always zero) and so I couldn't get Watts_i (or the other Lap values) in any case. Just trying to help if other pilots were looking for Lap Watts and couldn't understand why they weren't getting them.
Thanks again guys.
P.S. Rolf, Great runway mowing job!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval