Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Data pilot on st16

Reaction score
So I was able to install data pilot on the st16 and run the app. It connected to camera but won't connect to the H.

Hi Shadowolf,
I think that I read some where that the St 16s for the 520 was working on a 32 bit software configuration of some sort and the H 480 is on 16 bit configuration and the trains shall never meet. At the start Ithink that bob520 said that and that's why you can't change over the cgo3 as a cheap intro to the 520. It is a pity but that is Yuneec's way of keeping the bottom line in balance.
John Hennessy (Australia) Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: mwfoshee
I don't think it'll work. The autopilots on the two machines are completely different, so none of the flight planning in Data Pilot will work. The live flight stuff uses a very different camera library etc. so the live view may prove difficult. You'd probably have more luck trying to pair a 3DR controller! :)

Reactions: mwfoshee
I want to add mapping, but need to find some time to sit down and do a good job :)

I believe a lot of prayers will be answered when you can find some time :) Thanks Tuna for what you have done with Toolbox!

You are not wrong, my thoughts and prayers for some very good time ahead for Tuna to be able to develop a mapping and grid system for UAV TOOLBOX. Here's wishing you some spare time Tuna.
John Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Did this topic (OP) get any resolution? I too have it installed on my ST16 and running but not connecting to my H.
As OP stated I have video from H but according to the app it is not connecting. Tried binding to no avail.
I also have Tuna's UAV ToolBox installed and it works but could really use some updating! Google Maps would be an excellent start. BING just doesn't cut it.
Tuna, if you read this is there any hope of some updates to your app?

Did this topic (OP) get any resolution? I too have it installed on my ST16 and running but not connecting to my H.
As OP stated I have video from H but according to the app it is not connecting. Tried binding to no avail.
I also have Tuna's UAV ToolBox installed and it works but could really use some updating! Google Maps would be an excellent start. BING just doesn't cut it.
Tuna, if you read this is there any hope of some updates to your app?
Dave I spoke with tuna last week their is a update for uav toolbox coming in September he did not say what tho

Unless you’re flying a 520 installing Data Pilot on your ST-16 will get you absolutely nowhere. Not today, tomorrow, or the next day. Data Pilot is specific to the 520 and it’s FC and Tuna has already stated he won’t be writing programs designed to defeat Yuneec’s design and marketing policies. There won’t be any free rides on this one.

Exactly what I was going to say PatR, they are in no way interchangeable or able to be used on the 480 system. Totally different computer programing. Not that I know anything about computers but it has been discussed on this forum for a long time. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

OK, thanks for the reply's, wasn't looking for a free ride!
I'll remove from ST16 and wait on updates/improvements from Tuna.
UAV ToolBox works just would like more. More mission capabilities and Data/Telemetry information.
I come from a Pixhawk, SOLO & SOLEX/Tower/Mission Planner background and enjoy mission planning. Thanks

Reactions: PatR and AeriaL
Understand. There’s still nothing out there that matches the resident capability and versatility of a Pixhawk FC. The H-480 likely has the capability to make use of all that functionality but Yuneec, in their infinite wisdom[emoji849], elected to prevent accessing it and in the process lost a large amount of market share in pushing people to buy other brands to obtain systems that would provide what they need or want. Forward thinking is not Yuneec’s strong suit but their aircraft certainly fly well.

Unless you’re flying a 520 installing Data Pilot on your ST-16 will get you absolutely nowhere. Not today, tomorrow, or the next day. Data Pilot is specific to the 520 and it’s FC and Tuna has already stated he won’t be writing programs designed to defeat Yuneec’s design and marketing policies. There won’t be any free rides on this one.

"Free Rides"??? ROFL where???
With over 4K invested on preorder gear and accessories there was and is no "Free Ride" expected... I have paid for my ride and would like to not get screwed by greedy marketing and zero foresight corporations. Yuneec need to remember who pays their bills and wages....... or not!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430