Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Did my furthest flight today - video

Reaction score
Tried to fly the perimeter of my property today, ran out of video link, about 1500' seems to be the limit on video.
So I just flew a square, property is an L shape, couldn't get the L in.
Here's a short flight showing the long range bay on my gun range 600yds from where I'm standing to the furthest targets. there are 2 , big 36" square targets and a 8" and a 12"the last 2 are kinda hard to see.

At that low elevation 1500' is actually pretty good. If you were 200-300' the distance should be much further.

I've tried flying my H from a national highway to at least 1.2km away at a height of about 50m. I did that on an open field with close by high voltage transmission lines, also close to (maybe about 200 meters away) long distance power lines with mabe 300kv power running (the ones coming directly from power plants before going to substations and lower power distribution lines?). Also present are trees. From what I have observed, I got some lag at times when doing HD videos and taking jpg and dng photos on low intervals. Apart from that, everything was fine. If you don't do HDvid recording or capture HiRes Photos but on jpg format only, you will get that lag much lesser. I'm using the directional flat antenna by the way. I've heard if you use some 3rd party antennas, you can increase range much more.

Itelite is predecessor of 4 hawks.

I have flown over 2 km out in standard outfit (but under good conditions like no wind and maintaining a healthy flying altitude), never lost anything like video or control. I made sure the controller had an obstruction-free line of sight with the H and I think I could have gone out further.

Mind you, flying as far out as technically possible is not only not allowed but also very risky. One can fly out to far, and there may be not enough battery to come back. Mounting a Raptor is nice in many ways, but the antenna is also more directional. So if the H is far out and you do not know where exactly when you loose contact the chances are you will loose the H.

Yes, it may well try to come back home. Yes, it may well try to land if battery drops. But if far out and it lands 'somewhere' you can spend a good time trying to recover it.

Reactions: FlushVision
I don't care much about going out 2 miles or so, mainly would like to safely be able to fly the length/width (3/4 mile each way)of my property videoing events. There is a lot of timber so some additional power to get through the canopy.
I don't want to have to fly 3-400' high, even 100' is hard to see much going on below.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn