Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Did you ever get volunteered to do a Video?

Both videos are excellent! After I finish my shoot I'm just going to hand over a DVD with all of the footage to the organizers. One of them has a computer whiz kid and he can do the editing.
Wherever possible I try to convince my clients to do their own editing of the footage I capture. I will do editing for them but that will inflate the cost to them significantly. I tell them that if they do their own editing, then they'll save £££s and are more likely to get the end results they are looking for rather than what I think is good.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Wherever possible I try to convince my clients to do their own editing of the footage I capture. I will do editing for them but that will inflate the cost to them significantly. I tell them that if they do their own editing, then they'll save £££s and are more likely to get the end results they are looking for rather than what I think is good.
I was thinking only the customer can really decide what is the best for them. I'll provide the footage and they can edit to their hearts content and they can do snap shots out of the videos using VLC.

I was thinking only the customer can really decide what is the best for them. I'll provide the footage and they can edit to their hearts content and they can do snap shots out of the videos using VLC.
Exactly my thinking. I've done editing jobs in the past where I could tell that the client wasn't entirely happy with the results. So long as they have decent source footage then if they do their own editing they can have the edited video that best suits them.
As a rough rule-of-thumb if I'm asked to do the editing I usually quote a price that is up to double the cost of what it would be if I didn't have to edit...then discount depending on how easy it is to do a decent edit.

Vicki and FV, looking at your videos, I wonder why anyone would even want to view an event from directly above. Being off the side puts the surroundings into the story and makes for a more pleasant viewing experience. Well done.
Thank you! I agree esp. since for the race video it was important to get a look and "feel" for the desert - and they really wanted that area where the two runners have the backdrop of the Colorado River. If overhead, none of these elements would have appeared.

As others have pointed out, this can be done safely with lots of careful planning in advance and some copilots with walkie-talkies. It sure doesn't sound worthwhile though. Maybe get them to provide a drone for you to use so that you have less personal risk involved? Otherwise, I think I would ask for $200/hr and $150 setup fee.

I don't have the part 107 so I'm not going to charge a fee. I they had a multi-rotor they wouldn't need me.
Nice touch with remote observers with walkie talkies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech