Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Different Typhoon H Motors?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum but I knew it was the best place to find the answers I need.

I bought a typhoon age w/RealSense about six months ago. I recently crashed it and had to purchase two replacement “A Arms.” I received the arms up and did all the repairs yesterday. After re-securing the upper shelf and tightening all of the screws underneath to hold it down, I was installing the propellers to go out and make a test flight. I started with a “B Arm... when I got to be a farm and started to reach for the button to depress and install the propeller, I instantly noticed that the button was different and there was no way my propeller was going to fit. After looking at it for a few moments, I realized that BOTH the replacement arms I received have a completely different motor attachment head than all the others on my H. It never occurred to me to check because I literally had no idea that they made two different motors. OK, that was my backstory. Now, here is my question:

assuming that there are propellers out there for these two new motors, will they work alongside before existing/original motors? Basically, the air worthiness of that setup.

I ask because I desperately do not want to disassemble and repeat the repair all over again… Not fun!

Thanks

Attachments

• 2D46E268-22C3-4841-8FCE-952F03C4725A.jpeg
    2D46E268-22C3-4841-8FCE-952F03C4725A.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 200E7113-8E3B-42DA-AF01-1870071DD28B.jpeg
    200E7113-8E3B-42DA-AF01-1870071DD28B.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 91
  • C4A420FD-EE7B-4047-A814-4469692618AF.jpeg
    C4A420FD-EE7B-4047-A814-4469692618AF.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 82
I know the anguish replacing them, I replace all 6 motors several months ago.
Those motors you posted look the same as the ones I replaced.
I'm comparing the new one with one of my old ones as I type.

Last edited:
You can't replace the motor with out taking that apart.
The A arm is for the white prop and the B arm for the black.
He should reinsert the parts he took off the top of the motor

Last edited:
The arms are designated "A" or "B"

Typhoon H Arm A

Typhoon H Arm B

and the prop quick releases are specific to Arms "A" or "B" with "A" being Black

Quick Prop Disconnect - A

and "B" being White

Quick Prop Disconnect - B

however it is a single motor

Typhoon H Motor

This is necessary to accomplish 5 motor mode, since the 5th motor constantly reverses direction. It is the ESC the motor (and arm) it is attached to, that determines the normal motor rotation being CW or CCW.

From your photos, I believe you only need to order the "A" version of the prop quick disconnect... the Black one.

I still have the two motors from the A-Arms I replaced. It was the carbon fiber tube that snapped when it crashed.
@AH-1G, even if I could remove buttons from the crashed arms, there are no slots for the tabs on the new motors. And, the silver post on the new motors does not depress like the originals do.

I think this is what might be happening, so you need;
to remove the 2 screw, that piece will come off your old motor, then reinstall on your new motors.

Reactions: Grumpy
The arms are designated "A" or "B"

Typhoon H Arm A

Typhoon H Arm B

and the prop quick releases are specific to Arms "A" or "B" with "A" being Black

Quick Prop Disconnect - A

and "B" being White

Quick Prop Disconnect - B

however it is a single motor

Typhoon H Motor

This is necessary to accomplish 5 motor mode, since the 5th motor constantly reverses direction. It is the ESC the motor (and arm) it is attached to, that determines the normal motor rotation being CW or CCW.

From your photos, I believe you only need to order the "A" version of the prop quick disconnect... the Black one.
The structure of the new motors is completely different on the new, replacement motors. With that, it doesn’t appear to me that a prop quick-disconnect would fit the new motors. I would certainly like to be wrong on that!

I think this is what might be happening, so you need;
to remove the 2 screw, that piece will come off your old motor, then reinstall on your new motors.
Here are two additional photos that should help illustrate the differences between the two motors, and how incompatible they appear to be...in every way!

Attachments

• BCB7F66A-9102-461D-B916-A8BC3ABF5A08.jpeg
    BCB7F66A-9102-461D-B916-A8BC3ABF5A08.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • FAF2D19A-083E-48B7-B8D3-A6ABA5EB67B6.jpeg
    FAF2D19A-083E-48B7-B8D3-A6ABA5EB67B6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
The two screws are very very tight, you need to put pressure on the phillips to get them out or you will strip the head of the screw.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Yes, they are the same... one has the prop quick release mounted on it... the other does not.

Reactions: AH-1G
OMG...I stand corrected! They do fit!!
I am adding them to the new motors now!

Isn’t this place great? I swear, you’ll be hard pressed to discover something new around here.

This is fantastic!! Thank you all!
I knew I would find my answers here!!

Attachments

• 2141443F-EDC1-49DB-B374-A268AFCC4007.jpeg
    2141443F-EDC1-49DB-B374-A268AFCC4007.jpeg
    999.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 9C40EED4-8C12-4DB3-A718-1AC30F6893C7.jpeg
    9C40EED4-8C12-4DB3-A718-1AC30F6893C7.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 31
I would like to point out to all... despite a flurry of recent posts making claims of how disrespectful and bullying some members here are... here is a prime example of what this board should look like.

Did the OP have an issue ? Yes.

Was it necessary during the course of this thread to virtually give him a headslap to make clear the point he was missing? YES!

Was he bullied or berated in the process? No.

Did he after a few posts, understand and was able to correct his original issue that he first posted about? YES.

In the end did he feel he was helped? YES.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval