Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dimensions of Q500 case?

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a Q500 locally (well, 2 hrs away from me!!) but he said that there's no case, but he does have the original box. He bought the drone from a liquidation sale. I'd like to get a hard case. I could buy the drone from him ($350) or from eBay with a case (no box) for $399.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the case? I'm looking into getting something from possibly Harbor Freight.

The advantage I would have of buying locally is that I'll have the drone before this weekend and I've been invited to a drone pilots meetup and fly on Saturday.

Thank you :)

The Q500 4K hard case is:
18 1/4 inch wide
17 3/4 front to back
12 1/4 top to bottom
This stock case requires removing the propellers EVERY time it goes in the case. That's a pain, at best, and frequent propeller removal has recently been noticed as a common factor in the "prop came off in the air" threads you see.
If the seller still has the Styrofoam inserts in the box he has, there is a great Huskey rolling case for $49.00 at Home Depot. I got one about a week ago, recommended by another thread somewhere here on this forum. Model # is 222167. SKU in local store was 1000052149. It has lots of extra room, and you can leave the props on. (with a little whittling on the original Styrofoam).

Looks like it would be about an inch and half too narrow for the standard Styrofoam. The specs on that case say 16.20 wide. Q500 is slightly wider at 16.25. I think I'd take the drone with me if I was looking at it, because it doesn't sound like it would make it. At least not with any room for protection. But then again, I flunked "measuring stuff" a long time ago. (It's why I build everything I can out of steel. If I mess up, I can weld it back. Doesn't work that way with wood)

I'll take a look at it on Saturday. I want to make sure that the rolling case will be easy to transport and fit in the trunk of my car. I need to clean out some space in the storage room to keep it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin