Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Discounted Typhoon H batteries

Reaction score
Hey all. I discovered that Best Buy has put some Ty-H batteries on clearance online. They're 90 bucks plus tax - shipping's free. I also got lucky and found one at a local store for $74. Good chance to get a little money off if you're looking to up your battery count.

They have the same battery listed at the normal $140 under a different sku, so I'm guessing there's just a model # switch or something. There aren't any of the clearance ones left within 250 miles of me, so I'm guessing supplies are almost exhausted, but they shipped one from farther away.

What year were they manufactured?
I found the same thing several months ago, but returned them since the flight time only lasted 6 to 8 minutes.

Hey all. I discovered that Best Buy has put some Ty-H batteries on clearance online. They're 90 bucks plus tax - shipping's free. I also got lucky and found one at a local store for $74. Good chance to get a little money off if you're looking to up your battery count.

They have the same battery listed at the normal $140 under a different sku, so I'm guessing there's just a model # switch or something. There aren't any of the clearance ones left within 250 miles of me, so I'm guessing supplies are almost exhausted, but they shipped one from farther away.
What to you really know about the quality? Less price is almost connected to less quality and performance..

These are OEM Yuneec batteries. Until the warranty on the Typhoon expires, I won't fly any other battery no matter how good it might be.

I've gotten one delivered so far, a second is on the way. I've only flown the one battery once, but it lasted 18m before I brought it down at 14.7v.

I also found one of the clearance batteries at a local Best Buy ($70! Score!), and it lasted about the same as the other one. So, so far 2 out of the 3 I've ordered have been fine. I'll find out about the 3rd when it gets delivered Friday.

Reactions: Steve Carr
We want to believe but... similar experience for many with 480 batteries and they may have been OEM but they were old and my guess between sitting and warehouse heat, were not giving real flight times. I hope your third works well and trust you me, I’ll check my local store even though I just bought a new one at my BB for full boat[emoji3525]

Reactions: ronrod68
Must be nice. Here is Canada, Bestbuy has abandoned all of the Yuneec line except for the Breeze and the Mantis. No parts or batteries for the other parts of their line.

I figure since there's a one-month warranty on the batteries from Yuneec, and it's based on date of purchase, not date of manufacture, I'm probably pretty safe getting the discounted ones. Plenty of time to test them and make sure they're delivering full capacity.

Plus, unless someone's decoded the bar codes, there isn't a date-stamp on the battery that I've found, so I don't know how I'd determine how old a full-price battery is either.

Every Yuneec H battery has the date and mfr. code under the latch. If you obtained 18 minutes of flight time from full charge to 14.7v you have obtained better factory batteries than pretty much everyone before you.

Might just be that for my first flight with the drone, I flew without the camera for 2 out of the 3 batteries I have. I'm sure that represented a power savings, but not enough to explain a bad battery delivering that much flight time.

Looking at the logs, I got 16 minutes on the first battery, not including the 15 minute GPS almanac build, or the 2 minutes it was on the ground with the motors on while I made sure everything was good to go.

I got 14 minutes on the second battery, when I put the control speed up to rabbit and was doing a lot of fast maneuvers and 250 foot climbs to evaluate its performance.

I got 12 minutes on the 3rd battery, when I was doing the same thing as the second, and also rolling video.

The third battery flown, with the shortest flight time, was the one that came with the H. The second battery flown was the one I bought locally. The first, and longest, battery flown was the clearance one I ordered online.

I'm not saying everyone will get these results. Maybe I just got lucky.

Also, I looked under the latch of all three batteries, and all I saw was a barcode. Where exactly should I be looking?

The barcode should have a series of numbers associated with it.

Flying without the camera does improve flight time. Your flight with camera was more representative.

Something kind of important, when referencing what appear to be extraordinary flight times, it’s beneficial to also make reference to how the aircraft was set up, type of flying, and conditions.

Let’s say we were discussing flight times for 920 batteries. If I was to state I was obtaining 32 minute flight times and just move on from there many would find that number incredulous until they learned I was using a CGO-3 instead of a -4, and was using after market batteries instead of the factory batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckBridges
Also, I looked under the latch of all three batteries, and all I saw was a barcode. Where exactly should I be looking?

The 8 numbers following the B are mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy. I can only go by the few I’ve seen and I still can’t determine if it’s day/month or month/day.

I bought a couple TH batteries on sale at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Manufacture date on both is 2017. It's old stock BB is moving out and not going to renew. Paid $60 in store at two different locations in the Minneapolis area.

With a 2017 manufacture date I wouldn't normally have bought them but with Best Buy I had the chance to bring them home, test them, and return for $$$ back if they weren't up to snuff. Flight times are 12-15 minutes using RS and recording in 5-10mph winds. If I get a year out them I'll call it a win.

Btw... manufacture date on Yuneec batteries from Best Buy should be on the outside of the original box.

***correction*** One of the Best Buy batteries I purchased has an Aug 2018 manufacture date. That be a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
There are still 2016 batteries selling here, you have to be careful, I'm only getting 2018 October from UK supplier.

All three of mine that I have so far are 2016. Including the one that came with the drone. Seeing as I'm getting acceptable performance out of them, that doesn't bug me much. If they last a year, I'll be happy because I can then look into getting better ones and not worry about them having to be OEM.

re-correct on batteries..... Looked closer. One is 2017 manufacture, the other is 2016 NOT 2018. Those tiny serial numbers are hard to read for old heads.

They even let you use it on the 107 exam.....the only way I could see some of the details in a super busy area with tons of stuff.....

There are still 2016 batteries selling here, you have to be careful, I'm only getting 2018 October from UK supplier.
Who is that U.K. supplier. Two of my batteries are original ones that came with the H when I acquired it at the start of June 2016. Those two batteries are still working well but are are dated 1st April 2016 so are now 3 years old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro