Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Discouraged and heartbroken

Reaction score
I've had my drone about a week this was my second flight. looking at the files from the flight it looks like my battery voltage drop too low but it never gave me any type of indication of doing so.20190123_084434.jpeg

Sorry about your mishap, but it should have given you 2 to 3 visual warnings, and vibrated the ST16 with each warning.
Were you not looking at your voltages when looking at your screen from time to time?

I've had my drone about a week this was my second flight. looking at the files from the flight it looks like my battery voltage drop too low but it never gave me any type of indication of doing so.View attachment 13893

I feel for you. Send your telemetry to Yuneec, best case scenario it was a mechanical error and they’ll warranty it. How long were you in the air for? Was your battery fully charged on liftoff? What was your last battery reading did it drop drastically or were you just not paying attention to the lvl on the ST-16?

Sorry about your mishap, but it should have given you 2 to 3 visual warnings, and vibrated the ST16 with each warning.
Were you not looking at your voltages when looking at your screen from time to time?
It gave me no warnings. I didn't look at the voltage at that time. I checked it before I took off everything was fine. This happened about 5-7 mins after take off

I feel for you. Send your telemetry to Yuneec, best case scenario it was a mechanical error and they’ll warranty it. How long were you in the air for? Was your battery fully charged on liftoff? What was your last battery reading did it drop drastically or were you just not paying attention to the lvl on the ST-16?
It was fully charged around 95% and in the air roughly 7 minutes. How do I download the telemetry?

A Droner's Guide to Surviving Virginity
A Droner's Guide to Surviving Virginity
Scroll down to post #14
Thanks for the helping info!
Being a Private Pilot also, I was taught to always glance at ALL instruments. This should also be the norm as a drone pilot.
I've had a battery fully charge that lasted only 6 minutes,o_O we NEVER should not have expectations or assumptions when flying!
You're right! I ASSUMED I had a little more time before checking the info[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Thanks for the helping info!You're right! I ASSUMED I had a little more time before checking the info[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
I do feel for you, hope the repair can be done quickly.

I'm curious why you did not get a low battery warning. Is it possible the battery came unseated and disconnected? Was it firmly inserted when you recovered the aircraft? From the photo it looks like it was. But still curious.

I only had one scare in my flying career, at V1 into V2, on a single engine , no room to stop:eek:
Long story short, piston had a hole in it, I thought I was going to loose the engine. All was normal during engine check.

I was a student pilot at the time, fortunately military taught me to "fly the plane first, then assess the problem and find a place to land.

Last edited:
Lunch, I know it’s discouraging. I’ve had something similar happening to me after my 2 or third flight with my new 480 it just dropped from the sky and into a pond. Never recovered it, and I did dive in to look for it. Yuneec gave me a new one within 15 min of being at their warehouse. They several weeks later my new drone just went crazy I spent 5 minutes (felt like days) trying to land my drone one day on a paid gig. I finally got it close enough to the ground but then it started trying to go forward I just cut power hoping it would land in a bush ahead. It did land in the bush but it’s forward momentum caused it to roll off and break an arm and top case. Took it into Yuneec. Turns out my transmitter switched modes from 3, which I always fly in, to 1. So no wonder it wasn’t doing what I was expecting. But once again Yuneec covered everything. Haven’t had an issue in a year and a half. I credit that to always powering up and waiting 15 min before take off. I use an old battery for that 15 min then swap out to my fresh battery and go.

Reactions: DCH
Lunch, I know it’s discouraging. I’ve had something similar happening to me after my 2 or third flight with my new 480 it just dropped from the sky and into a pond. Never recovered it, and I did dive in to look for it. Yuneec gave me a new one within 15 min of being at their warehouse. They several weeks later my new drone just went crazy I spent 5 minutes (felt like days) trying to land my drone one day on a paid gig. I finally got it close enough to the ground but then it started trying to go forward I just cut power hoping it would land in a bush ahead. It did land in the bush but it’s forward momentum caused it to roll off and break an arm and top case. Took it into Yuneec. Turns out my transmitter switched modes from 3, which I always fly in, to 1. So no wonder it wasn’t doing what I was expecting. But once again Yuneec covered everything. Haven’t had an issue in a year and a half. I credit that to always powering up and waiting 15 min before take off. I use an old battery for that 15 min then swap out to my fresh battery and go.
The 15 min rule sounds like a great idea. I hope they can tell me what happened. I'm looking at the history on the st16 it gave 2 power low warnings I never received both after the 4th minute of flying. Both warnings are stating a 4.69 volt

Just curious why 15 minutes? Once I acquire 9 or more sats, I power on making sure all is well, lift off hover at 15 feet and check all my controls. All this can be done in minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: vader and brianpk
The 15 min rule sounds like a great idea. I hope they can tell me what happened. I'm looking at the history on the st16 it gave 2 power low warnings I never received both after the 4th minute of flying. Both warnings are stating a 4.69 volt

You should have had enough power at 4.69 to land or at least bring it closer to the ground. Sounds like a power failure to me.

Why 15 minutes? Once I acquire 9 or more sats, I power on making sure all is well, lift off hover at 15 feet and check all my controls. All this can be done in minutes.

12 to 15 min gives your drone the time it needs to update its tables with the information it’s receiving from the satellites.

Last edited:
You should have had enough power at 4.69 to land or at least bring it closer to the ground. Sounds like a power failure to me.
Oh it dropped I was moving forward roughly 50-65 foot up and it just dropped. I agree with the power failure. I wouldn't have used that battery had I gotten the warnings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro