Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

dissasemble the h520

the tear down is rather simple process. there are 2 metric Allen wrenches needed. there is a tear down of the yuneec h480 on you tube that is basically the method you would use for the h520. h520 wiring is much better then the h480 making the h520 much easier to fix. What happen to yours the requires a tear down repair.

Well i used an old battery of my H480 (i let the drone in my car when it was very hot) and the battery is very swollen and is now stuck into the drone
Let it cool down dit not help
Now i try cooling it with towels i put in the freezer
If that does not help to deswol the battery i will have to look into the H520 and see how i can unstuck the battery

I see that there is one difference between the H4810 en H520 in openeing. With te H480 you could simply open the body by the arms but it seems i have to remove the screws on the body where the arms are attached. its 2 screws with every arm

But if you have another solution to unstuck a swollen battery i would like to know

@Marnix Verschraegen
I hope you didn't put in the freezer, the chemicals will become solid as ice. I did mention putting in the refrigerator this will cool it down but not to a solid.

oh boy not good yuneec h520 main body frame that holds the mainboard and arms also is the battery holder unlike the h480 frame that hold it's mainboard that Is a separate piece that the h480 battery tray screws into. worse case scenario is going to vertigo drones placing a order for h520 frame cost is 19 dollars. After that part comes do a complete tear down and gut out. This requires the remove the all the arms made easy buy yuneec updated wiring harness. removal of the mainboard. unplugging the gps from the mainboard. unplugging the gimbal cable. unplugging the antenna cable and few other cables. a lot of screws will have to be removed. I had to do a mainboard transfer on my h520 back in march of this year due to a crash and damaged the frame and lost 2 arms but not anything else critical had a 2nd h520 with a bad board (shorted out the gimbal and botch that mainboard repair rendering it dead) in sort detail swapped the mainboards and got one h520 back in the air that fully functions to this day. scrapped the 2nd h520 completely got 4 good spare arms. good top shell with the GPS installed. spare screws, and other good parts.

Is the battery still at full charge? If so you will need to get the voltage down to around storage voltage before the swelling will go down.

the tear down is rather simple process. there are 2 metric Allen wrenches needed. there is a tear down of the yuneec h480 on you tube that is basically the method you would use for the h520. h520 wiring is much better then the h480 making the h520 much easier to fix. What happen to yours the requires a tear down repair.

Yes but the H480 does not have those little screws (2 per arm)

I still does not know how i can do it
There are no video clips available that explains how to do that with a H520 or TPH+

Good news after disassembling and a liitle force i could push the swollen battery out ...
As you can see its completely deformed !

Attachments

• DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC00221.JPG
    DSC00221.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC00222.JPG
    DSC00222.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 18

Members online

Forum statistics