Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance

Reaction score
How will the Typhoon H do in the distance department? Will it be able to do miles and miles like the Phantom 3 and (to a lesser degree) the 4? DJI's Lightbridge is great; but what technology will the Typhoon H use? Plain WIFI?

More like solid 300m.
Is that based on real world data? What kind of area. Low or high structural density? 1000 feet is generally inadequate for my kind of video taking. I often cross rivers up to 3/4 mile across to get a shot.

Real world data. I fly on the bank of a river no power lines or train closer than 1 km away. I also fly in the opposite direction of those. If you are planning to fly far away you have a limited set of options like mosdng both antennas on the receiver and quad (by doing so you void the warranty) or find someway to enhance the signal (usually not legal).

I also fly a Bebop Drone that has a huse range but lacks the picture quality and a DJI Phantom 3 professional which has also a great range together with exceptional picture quality. On the other hand DJI allready came up with the Phantom 4 sporting the same great range, improved imaging and obstacle avoidance and Yuneec has opened the preorder on the Typhoon H wich supposedly has a 1 km range, 4k imaging, obstacle avoidance and 360 degrees gimbal.

Well that sucks. 99% of my flying involves distances of less than 1000 feet. I was going to add the H to my Phantom 3 Professional but if the final reported average distance available to the Typhoon H is going to be around 1000 feet I will just have to pass on it.

The H has a reportedly range of 1 mile (www.yuneec.com) and I think that 1 km can be realistic. The Q500 4k and G are more for the beginner hobby enthusiast, sort of all in the box and also price worthy. I hope that the H will reach hhis goals ans over does the Q500.

OK I am officially confused. My first post in this thread (#3 above) was that the H was supposed to have a 1 mile range. You then said that you said that it would have a 300 meter range and you said that was real world data. Now you say that the 1 mile range I spoke of originally is correct (although you think it is closer to a kilometer). So, what's the basis for your ideas and which is accurate. Your answer will be part of my decision making process.

OK I am officially confused. My first post in this thread (#3 above) was that the H was supposed to have a 1 mile range. You then said that you said that it would have a 300 meter range and you said that was real world data. Now you say that the 1 mile range I spoke of originally is correct (although you think it is closer to a kilometer). So, what's the basis for your ideas and which is accurate. Your answer will be part of my decision making process.
Look at it this way. The H isn't out yet and there are no real world range test numbers for it. All we have are the advertised ranges. The radio is not the same as the Q500 series so that can't be used as a basis. You are asking for info that is not available. I would recommend maybe searching the net for range tests on a 920 as the ST24 radio it uses is closer in design to the ST16

Look at it this way. The H isn't out yet and there are no real world range test numbers for it. All we have are the advertised ranges. The radio is not the same as the Q500 series so that can't be used as a basis. You are asking for info that is not available. I would recommend maybe searching the net for range tests on a 920 as the ST24 radio it uses is closer in design to the ST16
Good answer. I'll check out the ST24/90 combo

Reactions: ghtracey
What I can say from my Q500 G and also with 4k camera is that what they advertise is what you get and I can only hope that this also de case with the H

Reactions: Jeff48920
Well that sucks. 99% of my flying involves distances of less than 1000 feet. I was going to add the H to my Phantom 3 Professional but if the final reported average distance available to the Typhoon H is going to be around 1000 feet I will just have to pass on it.
Simple! add a itelite DBS booster antenna and fly your heart out in the "H"!

They work as advertised I purchased one for my Chroma not so much for distance but for added video strength through the trees.
Yes they do! On my P3P in the same wooded area I test fly near home, I got max 5,000 ft stock and with my DBS non-boosted I got 11,200 ft even with the 50 foot oak trees in front!

Reactions: eric bee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop