Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DJI just launched the Inspire 2 & Phantom 4 Pro... we can go home now.

Reaction score
I just watched the promo videos for the Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro. Let me just say compared to these the GoPro Karma looks like it was developed by a caveman.

Highlights.

- Inspire 2 is fully aimed at Cinema use and Live TV broadcasts. Incredible camera (more than one), power, storage, speed, obstacle avoidance & tracking, plus included built in tablet. On and it's no longer white in color.

- Phantom 4 Pro is the Phantom 4 we've all seen except they added 360 degree obstacle avoidance (front, rear, sides, bottom). The camera has been upgraded to 100 mb/s and is 20 Megapixel. The camera actually uses a physical shutter! No more odd digital artifacts. Oh, and a built in tablet.

God I love technology, but this is just crazy advanced. DJI with these 2 new products plus the Mavic Pro s firing on all cylinders.

Now if they can only get their production lines and customer service up to the same speed as their drone technology.

Reactions: Michael Brown
I just watched the promo videos for the Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro. Let me just say compared to these the GoPro Karma looks like it was developed by a caveman.

Highlights.

- Inspire 2 is fully aimed at Cinema use and Live TV broadcasts. Incredible camera (more than one), power, storage, speed, obstacle avoidance & tracking. On and it's no longer white in color.

- Phantom 4 Pro is the Phantom 4 we've all seen except they added 360 degree obstacle avoidance (front, rear, sides, bottom). The camera has been upgraded to 100 mb/s and is 20 Megapixel. The camera actually uses a physical shutter! No more odd digital artifacts.

God I love technology, but this is just crazy advanced. DJI with these 2 new products plus the Mavic Pro s firing on all cylinders.

Now if they can only get their production lines and customer service up to the same speed as their drone technology.

Yep just been looking at these as well inspire 2 taking 30mp stills, 100mbs bit rate, dual batteries self heating, dedicated fpv camera, did not know about the phantom 4 pro gonna check that out
[emoji23]

Highlights.

- Inspire 2 is fully aimed at Cinema use and Live TV broadcasts. Incredible camera (more than one), power, storage, speed, obstacle avoidance & tracking, plus included built in tablet. On and it's no longer white in color.

- Phantom 4 Pro is the Phantom 4 we've all seen except they added 360 degree obstacle avoidance (front, rear, sides, bottom). The camera has been upgraded to 100 mb/s and is 20 Megapixel. The camera actually uses a physical shutter! No more odd digital artifacts. Oh, and a built in tablet.

Yuneec need to up there game and quick. Before everyone detects. Quickest way is to give the H a decent camera

Yuneec isn't even in the same century as these new drones and CAMERAS from DJI. 1" sensors 11+stops of dynamic range and 100Mbps data rate (and for the data rate naysayers yes it's important and it's double) and to top it off H.265 compression. Oh and wide color. Full 360 collision avoidance with front avoidance working up to 30mph built in monitor.... the P4 is $1799. Without the monitor it's $1399

Keep putting lipstick on the pig.
I will never buy a phantom cus it's ugly to me... regardless of the tech they put in it.

The inspire is neat though. :)

The camera blows anything that Yuneec has out of the water. I don't care what the drone looks like I care what the image looks like

Reactions: eikkon

Highlights.

SERIOUSLY?!!!! I WAITED THE ENTIRE SUMMER FOR DJI TO LANUCH THE INSPIRE 2 AND BUY A CHEAP INSPIRE 1 AND NOW I FINALLY WENT TO YUNEEC AND AFTER ONE WEEKEND OF HAVING MY TYPHOON THEY IMMEDIATELY RELEASE THE BEST DRONES I EVER SAW?!

Yuneec isn't even in the same century as these new drones and CAMERAS from DJI. 1" sensors 11+stops of dynamic range and 100Mbps data rate (and for the data rate naysayers yes it's important and it's double) and to top it off H.265 compression. Oh and wide color. Full 360 collision avoidance with front avoidance working up to 30mph built in monitor.... the P4 is $1799. Without the monitor it's $1399
Just as well the Typhoon H is modular and we can fit improved and uprated cameras that will come in the future, and I think we all agree that the inspire 2 is a neat bit of kit but they are clearly aimed at different markets so comparing the cameras is pretty dog log, [emoji106]

You're forgetting that the Typhoon H is comparable only with the DJI Inspire, and not the Phantom, Just because the retractable legs and the 360 gimbaled camera.
So comparing between those (and obviously I mean the Inspire 1, because the 2 was just announced), the Typhoon H is almost half the price of the Inspire, and honestly has more features than it.
The only reason to buy an Inspire 1 over a Typhoon H is the option to buy a better camera for it (X5), which will make the Inspire, 3 times more expensive than a typhoon H.

Just as well the Typhoon H is modular and we can fit improved and uprated cameras that will come in the future, and I think we all agree that the inspire 2 is a neat bit of kit but they are clearly aimed at different markets so comparing the cameras is pretty dog log, [emoji106]

Yuneec is going to have to pull a rabbit out of its hat to make a better camera than the P4 has. 100Mbps, H264/H265, 1" sensor, Mechanical shutter (no more filling shutter jello) Manual aperture control of a real behind the lens aperture. Then their is they daylight viewable 1000 nit monitor on their controller. 45mph top speed 31mph with FULL collision avoidance, Dual GPS, Dual IMU, 360 degree obstacle avoidance. Landing zone detection and permission to land function. 7Km transmission range, 30 min flight time. The H doesn't even come close.

Reactions: DragonMan68
A P4P may be in my future depending if DJI improves its customer service and rollout of firmware upgrades. I fully support Yuneec and the TH, but come on, I think the product has been dogged by iffy camera hardware and needs to make a major push to have an upgrade option soon. Not that I follow any DJI forums, but I don't see 3rd party vendors producing lenses to swap out for the stock one on a Phantom...and we shouldn't have to rely on that option either.

You're forgetting that the Typhoon H is comparable only with the DJI Inspire, and not the Phantom, Just because the retractable legs and the 360 gimbaled camera.
So comparing between those (and obviously I mean the Inspire 1, because the 2 was just announced), the Typhoon H is almost half the price of the Inspire, and honestly has more features than it.
The only reason to buy an Inspire 1 over a Typhoon H is the option to buy a better camera for it (X5), which will make the Inspire, 3 times more expensive than a typhoon H.

Nope the P4 and the Typhoon H are direct competitors. and if you really think that the Typhoon H has more features than the Inspire 1 or 2 you are out of your mind

Yuneec is going to have to pull a rabbit out of its hat to make a better camera than the P4 has. 100Mbps, H264/H265, 1" sensor, Mechanical shutter (no more filling shutter jello) Manual aperture control of a real behind the lens aperture. Then their is they daylight viewable 1000 nit monitor on their controller. 45mph top speed 31mph with FULL collision avoidance, Dual GPS, Dual IMU, 360 degree obstacle avoidance. Landing zone detection and permission to land function. 7Km transmission range, 30 min flight time. The H doesn't even come close.
Canny argue with the camera it's defo a good bit of kit, however top speed means F all to me, as for dual GPS and imu won't do much good if you lose a rotor, all that fancy crap is just right out the sky, boom, good night Vienna but again they don't to better it just match it, as the H is just a better platform [emoji3][emoji106]

All very good but have you seen the price of the batteries. £172 considering we probably all have around 3 or 4 that's a lot of money

Better camera on the H and use of the RGB cam feed on the Realsense module for FPV and it can compete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval