Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do NOT calibrate your compass !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then this is one of the first drones to do it because all previous drones will fly right back to the spot that you did the callibration. I cant tell you how many vids are on youtube of people that used there return to home and thought it would follow the transmitter but were sadly mistaken
I believe you are confusing DJI drones with Yuneec drones.

DJI uses home point and dynamic home point. So you have the option of the drone returning to where you took off or to the location of the controller. Which is what you are talking about.

Yuneec uses Dynamic home point which means the drone returns to the location of the controller.

Reactions: John S
Tim, Yuneec USA, you are on here, settle this spin once and for all!, Is it recommended to do a Out Of Box Compass calibration ? and is it recommended by Yuneec? Come on, You have yo end this madness!!!!:confused:

Tim, Yuneec USA, you are on here, settle this spin once and for all!, Is it recommended to do a Out Of Box Compass calibration ? and is it recommended by Yuneec? Come on, You have yo end this madness!!!!:confused:

Won't make a bit of difference until it's in the H manual or somewhere else official at Yuneec.

Won't make a bit of difference until it's in the H manual or somewhere else official at Yuneec.
Tim, is official Yuneec, I don't know what you have against a compass calibration, and don't really care, but if you want to believe it doesn't really matter, it's your choice!, Just don't come on here in the future and say your drone crashed and spin it away from a CC. You can rest assured if you never do a CC, you will join the others you believe the same! Which I hope not! I guess you wouldn't believe me if I was to tell you if you put your hand in a fire, you will get burnt either, unless it was in a manual, but believe me it will !

Can we sleep now? I fare not! As someone will always have to ague that white is black and black is white, unless it's in a MANUAL ! LOL!

There ya go....if it ain't flashing yellow, leave it alone.
Not when it is out of the box! read the facts!, after the the one time out of the box calibration, then after that, if it flashes yellow! Don't give half the facts if you want to argue a statement!

Hey everyone ! Pay close attention! DO NOT DO A COMPASS CALIBRATION ! Unless you want too ! Even if you know you need too!
It may make your H fly erratically and crash. Listen to people on this forum, even over a Yuneec employee as they know more than anyone, and are always right ! I surrender! I surrender!, Please don't shoot me!!!!:eek:

Actually that is "THE RYAN" product manager at Yuneec. Ryan is very knowledgeable on all Yuneec product.
Yeah!, my Marketing Manager Lindsey at work, has a degree in Marketing at my hospital and tells me how to repair my tubes on my boiler too! I listen to her all the time!:confused:

Correct. Suggested versus required. Very simple, plain English. The H knows when it needs calibration.
Why did you leave the first sentence out?!

"We suggesting completing compass calibration when machine is received."

ETA: I just realized you were making a distinction between suggested and required. I don't know if that affects my pro-calibrate stance lol!!

Last edited:
Here's another thought as a Pilot we are taught to check for magnetic deviation. Sometimes it can be as much as 3 dig in a very small distance (East to West) This is why it's a good Idea to calibrate

Reactions: DroneClone
This thread kinda reminds of one i watched once when the discussion involved which motor oil is the best, how often should you change it,should you use a new filter.. ahhh heck you get the idea of it..lol

This thread kinda reminds of one i watched once when the discussion involved which motor oil is the best, how often should you change it,should you use a new filter.. ahhh heck you get the idea of it..lol
Well thats easy. Everyone knows its Mobil 1 oil & filter every 5000 miles. :D

For sure do it out of the box (calibrate the compass).

To each their own. I will continue to calibrate the compass overtime I move 100 miles from the last time I did it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco