Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does your Typhoon H slightly turn/pan left while hovering?

Reaction score
I was up trying to work on taking photos and frame shots one sunrise and while i was adjusting the exposure I noticed the drone was ever so slowly turning left...as in if i was pushing the left stick to the left. I was trying to create HDR shots by taking the same shot but in different exposures then blending them. The drone is turning enough that by the time I change the exposure its already changed my frame of shot a decent bit. This is continually happening.

I've done both ST16 and Typhoon firmware updates as well as recalibrating everything after the updates. Anyone else seeing this happen? You won't notice it unless you take your hands off the sticks and focus on your frame of shot. If its happening to you you will see your screen ever so slightly start panning left. Its not the camera or gimbal its the aircraft. I have no idea whats going on? Thanks as always for everyones help!

I was up trying to work on taking photos and frame shots one sunrise and while i was adjusting the exposure I noticed the drone was ever so slowly turning left...as in if i was pushing the left stick to the left. I was trying to create HDR shots by taking the same shot but in different exposures then blending them. The drone is turning enough that by the time I change the exposure its already changed my frame of shot a decent bit. This is continually happening.

I've done both ST16 and Typhoon firmware updates as well as recalibrating everything after the updates. Anyone else seeing this happen? You won't notice it unless you take your hands off the sticks and focus on your frame of shot. If its happening to you you will see your screen ever so slightly start panning left. Its not the camera or gimbal its the aircraft. I have no idea whats going on? Thanks as always for everyones help!

I've had similar experiences with the H. There are a number of things that could cause this. One is wind. GPS lock variations. Another is the need for another accelerometer calibration. Or you could have a defective H. Some have complained about their H doing a "toilet bowl" affect and have returned them to Yuneec for inspection. I don't know if it is possible to ever achieve a perfect hover but it should not yaw right or left or drift steadily in one direction. I think normal should be self-correcting in small steps trying to hold its hover over one spot.

Last edited:
+1 on what RBC states.... There are times my H is motionless in a hover. Other times its moving around ever so slightly, up down, left, right. Could be a mild breeze, updrafts from the heat coming off the pavement, any number of things. And unfortunately it could be a problem.

I had the "toilet bowl" (pendulum affect), but that was very noticeable and also exhibited other abnormal flying behaviors...

try to make calibrations good...

and when doing compass, phone off, no electricity , metal things near and put your H with nose to the north and make the long compass calibration.... that can help

good luck

Reactions: Rayray
try to make calibrations good...

and when doing compass, phone off, no electricity , metal things near and put your H with nose to the north and make the long compass calibration.... that can help

good luck

I agree completely with you. Sounds like compass.

Once the H is airborne it will attempt to lock in place. If it drifts it should only be about 10 to 15 feet. The internal GPS and compass will work out the drift and eventual correct itself the longer it Flys. Unfortunately some Typhoons will do this each flight but will eventually correct themselves within a few minutes. The problems stems from the location you fly mixed with the conflict between the GPS and magnetic compass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop