Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dominater v3 goggles and the st16

Reaction score
Yesterday I took my v3s and hooked them up via HDMI, and the results were great. You see exactly what's on the st16 screen,telemetry and all as figured. Of course with goggles on you lose your Los so it's not the best way to fly,but they work great!

Yesterday I took my v3s and hooked them up via HDMI, and the results were great. You see exactly what's on the st16 screen,telemetry and all as figured. Of course with goggles on you lose your Los so it's not the best way to fly,but they work great!

...that's cool! how do you hook them up?....via the HDMI out on the ST-16?
one more question assuming you connect via the HDMI do you loose the screen on the controller or does it stay live while the HDMI plug is connected?

I use Dominator V3's as well. The only time you lose video on the controller is by double tapping the controller screen. You'll get full screen in the goggles, though.

Reactions: humboldt 707
...that's cool! how do you hook them up?....via the HDMI out on the ST-16?
one more question assuming you connect via the HDMI do you loose the screen on the controller or does it stay live while the HDMI plug is connected?
It stays live,and you have two screens so another person can view.Also the v3s have a built in dvr that's kinda cool. Plug the HDMI cord into the top of the st16 micro port, set your goggles to HDMI in and they light right up.

I use Dominator V3's as well. The only time you lose video on the controller is by double tapping the controller screen. You'll get full screen in the goggles, though.
That is right,and if you have a DBS you have to remove it and put your stock setup back on. The v3 has to use the mini micro adapter in order to plug in,and there isn't enough room.This could be solved with a different cord.

thanks for the info...But I'm confused why if you do the double tap thing (where normally you get full-screen video on the st-16 screen) BUT if the goggles are plugged in to the HDMI port, and then you double tap on the st-16 screen you get the full-screen video in the goggles, but NOT the st-16?
thanks!

thanks for the info...But I'm confused why if you do the double tap thing (where normally you get full-screen video on the st-16 screen) BUT if the goggles are plugged in to the HDMI port, and then you double tap on the st-16 screen you get the full-screen video in the goggles, but NOT the st-16?
thanks!

We are confused, as well :) I have seen a post that Yuneec acknowledges the issue. I'm sure it's something they can take care of in an update.

I don't have the Fat Shark Goggles yet but today I plugged the HDMI from my st-16 to my TV and did the double tap to switch from regular screen to full screen with no problem and both screens stayed live...neither cut out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval