Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Don't hold your breath for a Mac GUI

Reaction score
I emailed US support about a Mac GUI. Here is the answer:

Subject: RE: FW: OSX version of Typhoon H GUI?

At this time we do not have plans for a mac version of the H gui and we do not have word on if they will release one until it is ready.

I emailed US support about a Mac GUI. Here is the answer:

Subject: RE: FW: OSX version of Typhoon H GUI?

At this time we do not have plans for a mac version of the H gui and we do not have word on if they will release one until it is ready.

That's why I keep windows 10 machine handy.. Besides that it keeps this one door I got from always dritfing closed!!

Remember windows 10 should only be used for "amusement purposes only"

That's why I keep windows 10 machine handy.. Besides that it keeps this one door I got from always dritfing closed!!

I believe my only Windows machine is running XP if it even boots up!

Reactions: eric bee

That is why most business use Windows I guess. i:)i
NASA runs most of their software on PC's. i:)i
I have used PC's since the IBM two sliced toasters running DOS. I am a PC IT guy so I support dozens of PC's and have very few issues overall.
Most issues are user related, installing bad software, not taking precautions when browsing, clicking on things they shouldn't in emails etc.. i:)i

I have nothing against MAC's at all, I like them, but they are no better and have their own issues believe me. You can argue all you want but it is true and I have been in IT for over 30 years now. i:)i

Anyway I did not post to argue, I just had to get that in.. i:)i

I mainly posted to ask if anyone has tried running the GUI software on a VM like parallels? If that works then it won't matter if there is a MAC version. The com ports would be the only issue I can see with the VM.

A naive app is always best but you may have a viable option there.

That is why most business use Windows I guess. i:)i
NASA runs most of their software on PC's. i:)i
I have used PC's since the IBM two sliced toasters running DOS. I am a PC IT guy so I support dozens of PC's and have very few issues overall.
Most issues are user related, installing bad software, not taking precautions when browsing, clicking on things they shouldn't in emails etc.. i:)i

I have nothing against MAC's at all, I like them, but they are no better and have their own issues believe me. You can argue all you want but it is true and I have been in IT for over 30 years now. i:)i

Anyway I did not post to argue, I just had to get that in.. i:)i

I mainly posted to ask if anyone has tried running the GUI software on a VM like parallels? If that works then it won't matter if there is a MAC version. The com ports would be the only issue I can see with the VM.

A naive app is always best but you may have a viable option there.

Well not to get into a urination contest here....but i BUILT my first IBM Clone in early 80's, worked Engineering at that time. Although it was called IT it was Plant Engineering.
I used Kaypro lunch boxes, created my first inventory system on Dbase III. Was a wiz at lotus as well..used ibm pc dos..still remember what every dos command was and what it did.. remembering how to do a "debug, g-c800:5" command..

But that was then and technology moves forward

Was a faithfull microsoft follower up until a version 8.. Dumped them like a bad habbit. Being older i am not equipped to "Start" over again.. Ran to OSX with open arms.. Something familiar about it...Never seen a blue screen of death.. never suffered through vista...
I run everything apple.. i'm fascinated with EVERY device communicating with EVERY device i own. I'm a beta tester for OSX and IOS. love doing that as well..

So to conclude I did buy a brand new Lenevo Yoga. Give win 10 a fair chance i said to myself.. (my son in law works for an IT firm and is Fully microsoft certified ) Well let me say its still pokey. still can't wrap my head around this app thing guess old windows knowledge is hard to break. I even injected 8gb of ram to it.. still pokey.. Ok i'll keep it handy for my yuneec gui sessions. My macbook air runs circles around it. ( which by the way my gui for the q500 on my mac works great. had to get help setting it up from yuneec on the lenovo lol)

So thats my response and how i look at it. to each his or her own but I love a MAC on video editing any day.. So i'll put away my sony betamax and call it a day ( yes beta was better than VHS...lol) but thats another debate...

Reactions: horizontal
Well not to get into a urination contest here....but i BUILT my first IBM Clone in early 80's, worked Engineering at that time. Although it was called IT it was Plant Engineering.
I used Kaypro lunch boxes, created my first inventory system on Dbase III. Was a wiz at lotus as well..used ibm pc dos..still remember what every dos command was and what it did.. remembering how to do a "debug, g-c800:5" command..

But that was then and technology moves forward

Was a faithfull microsoft follower up until a version 8.. Dumped them like a bad habbit. Being older i am not equipped to "Start" over again.. Ran to OSX with open arms.. Something familiar about it...Never seen a blue screen of death.. never suffered through vista...
I run everything apple.. i'm fascinated with EVERY device communicating with EVERY device i own. I'm a beta tester for OSX and IOS. love doing that as well..

So to conclude I did buy a brand new Lenevo Yoga. Give win 10 a fair chance i said to myself.. (my son in law works for an IT firm and is Fully microsoft certified ) Well let me say its still pokey. still can't wrap my head around this app thing guess old windows knowledge is hard to break. I even injected 8gb of ram to it.. still pokey.. Ok i'll keep it handy for my yuneec gui sessions. My macbook air runs circles around it. ( which by the way my gui for the q500 on my mac works great. had to get help setting it up from yuneec on the lenovo lol)

So thats my response and how i look at it. to each his or her own but I love a MAC on video editing any day.. So i'll put away my sony betamax and call it a day ( yes beta was better than VHS...lol) but thats another debate...

Ohhh and btw if its any consolation.. I like my XBOX ONE over My PS4 lol yes a 60 year old plays video games too.. Love Forza!

Reactions: NoCoOutdoorGuys
I don't mind the discussion man, to each their own, I never take offense or anything over someones opinion. I can only give mine. Like arguing with DJI fanboys. i:)i

Windows 8 did suck with that metro interface I agree there. I also hate it but I just use a small utility called Start8, it brings you back to the W7 interface. Same with Start10. $4, money well spent. i:)i

I will take the ability to build a system that is twice as powerful at half the cost any day. If money is no object to you, great. You need it being an Apple guy. Their stuff is extremely overpriced. i:)i

I can build a PC video workstation for under 2K that it would take you over 5K to be even close in power and editing ability on a MAC.

BTW a lot of people that edit video switched from MAC to PC after Apple completely messed up Final Cut X. Pissed a lot of video guys off. A lot of them jumped to PC because they could build a better system for video at a much lower cost and they jumped to Premiere because it is much better than FC and available on OS X and PC.

I am also an Indy filmmaker want-to-be. I got my H for film making originally. i:)i

Lets not go into more here man, agree to disagree, this is not the place for it. I also do not hate MAC's at all, they are great machines, just overpriced and too closed ended. Try gaming any good games on one, try upgrading to a high end graphics or sound card not approved by Apple. I just like flexibility. BTW I am an Android guy on my phone. i:)i

Anyway I won't reply anymore on the subject, this is an H forum. i:)i

I apologize to all who don't give a s&^% i:)i

I just wanted to mention the VM idea for anyone that it may have helped.

Last edited:
I never understood arguing about what computer you use. I use both all the time. Always Windows at work. Mac at home. Once you get into the ecosystem it does work well together.

I used to build my own PCs but then I didn't keep up with all the changes.

Windows man, never used the "app" thing you mention. Just boot to desktop, set up your program shortcuts on desktop or taskbar. Works like any other Windows release. Win 10. Although, you couldn't pry my iPhone 6+ from me! Oh, and my iPad Air 2!!

I never understood arguing about what computer you use. I use both all the time. Always Windows at work. Mac at home. Once you get into the ecosystem it does work well together.

I used to build my own PCs but then I didn't keep up with all the changes.

I agree, was not intending to argue. Sorry if it came across that way. As I said I like most tech. Just like guys here can like and use different drones. We just all have preferences. For the record I am a PC gamer and hate consoles. LoL! i:)i

Anyway sorry for the thread hijack.

Another 60-year-old gamer here on the PS4! Well, I make good target practice for my grandson, anyway lol!!

I don't mind the discussion man, to each their own, I never take offense or anything over someones opinion. I can only give mine. Like arguing with DJI fanboys. i:)i

Windows 8 did suck with that metro interface I agree there. I also hate it but I just use a small utility called Start8, it brings you back to the W7 interface. Same with Start10. $4, money well spent. i:)i

I will take the ability to build a system that is twice as powerful at half the cost any day. If money is no object to you, great. You need it being an Apple guy. Their stuff is extremely overpriced. i:)i

I can build a PC video workstation for under 2K that it would take you over 5K to be even close in power and editing ability on a MAC.

BTW a lot of people that edit video switched from MAC to PC after Apple completely messed up Final Cut X. Pissed a lot of video guys off. A lot of them jumped to PC because they could build a better system for video at a much lower cost and they jumped to Premiere because it is much better than FC and available on OS X and PC.

I am also an Indy filmmaker want-to-be. I got my H for film making originally. i:)i

Lets not go into more here man, agree to disagree, this is not the place for it. I also do not hate MAC's at all, they are great machines, just overpriced and too closed ended. Try gaming any good games on one, try upgrading to a high end graphics or sound card not approved by Apple. I just like flexibility. BTW I am an Android guy on my phone. i:)i

Anyway I won't reply anymore on the subject, this is an H forum. i:)i

I apologize to all who don't give a s&^% i:)i

I just wanted to mention the VM idea for anyone that it may have helped.

I like a good debate as well..We agree to disagree I enjoyed the friendly banter. Have fun with the Filmaking my friend and take care!:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval