Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Downloading logs

Reaction score
I've been reading about issues with flight logs not being accurate when downloaded from the ST16. So, I decided to see about downloading them from the H itself. My understanding is, that to do this, I have to connect to my PC with the GUI. That's where the problems begin.

I got the GUI downloaded and installed properly, as far as I can tell. However, it won't connect to the H. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I've tried a variety of USB cords. I'm able to open the GUI program, and change the connection method to USB. Eventually, it gives me an error message that reads, " Find a new USB device connection, PID = 0xA4A2, VID = 0x525.The USB device is not a goal."

anyone got ideas ?

Thanks!

The H must be on and booted before connecting the USB to the computer. Also, you may need to use the link in the GUI to download the driver.
What OS are you using?
Windows 10 is sometime buggy

I think I've done the driver download. I'll try it again to be sure. Yes, you guessed it, I'm using Windows 10. Maybe I'll try it on an older machine.

I have to run the GUI as administrator to get it to run properly on my Win10 64 bit laptop.

I have not heard of there being a problem retrieving log files from the ST-16 via USB unless the USB cable was not a data cable. Once it is connected to the computer via USB the memory of the ST-16 should show as an external storage.

I actually copy them to an SD card in the ST-16 and then use the SD card to get them to my computer. The following are the steps to do that:

Retrieving flight data from the ST-16.

Insert an SD card in the ST-16.

Power up and enter Pad mode and tap OK.

Enter menu by pressing circle with six dots.

Select File Manager and scroll to the FlightLog folder, then tap arrow at the right of FlightLog folder.

Now select Compress and add the date to the file name suggested.

Scroll to bottom and find the zip file you just created, tap the arrow at the right and select Copy.

At top left tap the icon that looks like two SD cards to swap to the SD card inserted in the first step.

You will then see the file structure on the SD card, select Paste at the bottom to add the file you just copied.

Now press the ‘Back arrow’ at bottom right of the screen to exit File Manager and select Settings.

Tap on Storage, scroll down to SD CARD and select Unmount. Press the Home icon and power off the ST-16.

Remove the SD card and use your PC to upload the zip file here by using the Attach files button below the Reply box.

Not to my knowledge for the H480’s. As far as I know all data is stored on the ST-16.

The models that use the PX4 (H520, TH Plus, and Mantis Q) do store data onboard and the data can be retrieved with QGroundControl.

So, what you're saying is, there's no real reason to fight with this GUI thing anyway? LOL That makes my life easier! I thought I had been reading someone saying there were problems with dates and times or something when taking logs from the ST16. I probably read it wrong.

Ok, here's another question... Today I flew for a while, until I got the battery warning (I didn't time it, since I was just messing around). I landed, shut off the H, switched batteries, then flew again for a while longer.

When I look at the log (I do know how to get it from the ST16) it just shows one log. It seems to include both flights. I'm using Dronelogbook.com, but because it's only one flight, it's not letting me count the cycles on both batteries. Should I make sure to shut everything down between flights in the future? Or am I overthinking this whole thing?

@Guardian44

I just reread your first post of the thread. I believe the post you were reading about inaccurate data from the controller compared to the aircraft was on an H520 (and TH Plus since they have the same controller in the aircraft).

The main disparity seemed to stem from the time that the aircraft was considered to be airborne.

@Guardian44

I just reread your first post of the thread. I believe the post you were reading about inaccurate data from the controller compared to the aircraft was on an H520 (and TH Plus since they have the same controller in the aircraft).

The main disparity seemed to stem from the time that the aircraft was considered to be airborne.
Entirely possible. I sometimes lose track if people are talking about the "plain" H, and the H+. I'm already saving my pennies for either one of those models. Gotta make some money with this one thought, or the wife will bury me in the back yard!

So, what you're saying is, there's no real reason to fight with this GUI thing anyway? LOL That makes my life easier! I thought I had been reading someone saying there were problems with dates and times or something when taking logs from the ST16. I probably read it wrong.
As Steve said, the discussion belongs to H Plus. H Plus has three different kinds of logging:
- ulog files stored in the aircraft itself - many detailled informations, time stamps from GPS.
- Sensor files in ST16s - some MAVlink messages, timestamps only related to boot time of the aircraft.
- Flight2Log - FlightLogs as we know from Typhoon H with some disadvantages/poor design. Time stamps from ST16s (depends on what time and time zone was set). Unfortunately there is no indication about start time or landing time as we have had for Typhoon H. That's why the real flight time cannot measured by this. That's the point of the discussion about time stamps, flight durations.

best regards HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval