Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone hovering

Reaction score
Can anyone help me how to overcome drift in drone .
I made autonomous drone . It can hover bt I can not hold the position its drifting away

Add GPS capability. Drifting with the wind is normal unless you add GPS to maintain position.

I just want to maintain the particular hight n hover on that hight without moving aways.
If designed for indoors, and only wanting height... a sonic or IR sensor directed at ground may work.
Depending on your intended "Indoor" use, if this is for large open stadium or room with altitude higher than sensor's specified limits (10-15m) may require higher caliber sensor or different style: laser, radar, etc.

If designed for indoors, and only wanting height... a sonic or IR sensor directed at ground may work.
Depending on your intended "Indoor" use, if this is for large open stadium or room with altitude higher than sensor's specified limits (10-15m) may require higher caliber sensor or different style: laser, radar, etc.
No I made it for outdoor bt for testing I test it in indoor.
It will work fine very awesome bt only drifting away. I used lidar sensor for hight n mpu as imu.
Can any algorithm that provide me solution.

It's larger project it weight around 36 kg n flying in mile autonomous

Another consideration;
All motors must be spinning EXACTLY the same RPM's, even the tiniest difference in RPM will cause drift with out GPS.
Without GPS wind (rotor wash) from the props will push your drone. and of course joystick calibration could be slightly out.
I'm sure you have taken these in consideration.:)

Reactions: jagadish
Another consideration;
All motors must be spinning EXACTLY the same RPM's, even the tiniest difference in RPM will cause drift with out GPS.
Without GPS wind (rotor wash) from the props will push your drone. and of course joystick calibration could be slightly out.
I'm sure you have taken these in consideration.:)
There is no any joystick in this drone.
I made time base program.
It can lift for some time. Then hover for while n again back to earth .
My pid working awesomely if any propeller break still it can fly as well. .
Bt after lots of test I couldn't find to reduce the drift

You may need to add a Flow Sensor (a camera that reads ground patterns and detects movement. The output is used to compensate and hold lateral position.

The Lidar should be good for reading your altitude, but with a UAV weighing 36kg flying indoors may prove tricky as there will be a lot of turbulent air from the rotors to keep something that heavy aloft.

You may need to add a Flow Sensor (a camera that reads ground patterns and detects movement. The output is used to compensate and hold lateral position.

The Lidar should be good for reading your altitude, but with a UAV weighing 36kg flying indoors may prove tricky as there will be a lot of turbulent air from the rotors to keep something that heavy aloft.
Then what should I do ..
There is no any method using mpu6050 I can stable the drone I used smt32f407 it's much faster for my operation any filter can I implement .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro