Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone insurance

Reaction score
Been using verifly app, prices are very reasonable, city flying a little more expensive it seems..for good reason I suppose). Curious to hear other folks experiences with it, mostly if anyone has actually filed a claim and what their experience was with that process?

Reactions: Mike Irish
I use Skywatch. Been using them for a long time so my discount rate is maxed. Fast, easy, and costs are easily passed to the Client as a line item on the invoice. Yes, rural is the cheapest, and densely populated urban areas are the most expensive, obviously due to risk and potential financial damages.

I use Skywatch. Been using them for a long time so my discount rate is maxed. Fast, easy, and costs are easily passed to the Client as a line item on the invoice. Yes, rural is the cheapest, and densely populated urban areas are the most expensive, obviously due to risk and potential financial damages.

Have you ever had to claim an incident? Was wondering how easy the process was.

Between on the go insurance and on the go approvals/flight plan approvals, they’ve really made flying responsibly relatively simple via apps.

No! Knock on wood....no incidents. That would be disastrous. Flight Liability is something I hope to never, ever need to use.

Can you not use AMA if you are part 107?

I’ve never looked into AMA. My post was more questioning if anyone has actually had to use the insurance and what that process was like, or if they went to cash in on their policy and perhaps got screwed over by some fine print 20 pages into the contract where they said “umm, yeah, that’s not covered”.

Guess I’m just looking for validation that it is true insurance and they aren’t just taking our money with no intention of actually covering us.

AMA is $78 a year with up to 2 million in coverage, not sure if it is just for recreational flyers or not. Also has theft insurance with 500 deductable.

Unless something has changed, AMA insurance is strictly for recreational flying, is secondary to policies such as homeowners and (this is important) only covers your liability at AMA flying sites.

I’ve never looked into AMA. My post was more questioning if anyone has actually had to use the insurance and what that process was like, or if they went to cash in on their policy and perhaps got screwed over by some fine print 20 pages into the contract where they said “umm, yeah, that’s not covered”.

Guess I’m just looking for validation that it is true insurance and they aren’t just taking our money with no intention of actually covering us.

DG, I've looked for a long time to try and find any cases and never found a thing in regards to commercial insurance such as Verifly paying out. I use it on commercial jobs and make absolutely sure I follow the letter of law for 107.

Reactions: Done-guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz