Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DY3 battery reading help

Reaction score
Hi folks just charged my 2 yuneec batteries and noticed a difference in mAh 1 battery is saying 2595mAh and the other is 2862 mAh all showing 100% is this ok or a problem all the cells charged to the same 4.20

Hi folks just charged my 2 yuneec batteries and noticed a difference in mAh 1 battery is saying 2595mAh and the other is 2862 mAh all showing 100% is this ok or a problem all the cells charged to the same 4.20
Here is a screenshotIMG_20190120_103756.jpeg

I'm no expert but I reckon so, it's just slight differences in capacity of the two batteries. Either one is older than the other or for another reason one has degraded slightly. Nothing to worry about tho, if all cells are balanced and the overall voltage is correct should be ok?

Last edited:
That reading is the amount of energy that was added during the charge cycle to bring the batteries to full charge. The most important reading for battery health is the IR (internal resistance) and as the batteries age that reading will climb and you will get less flight time.

Over stressing them by running them down too far will also cause the IR to climb faster. Most experienced pilots bring their TH in at 14.8V and be on the ground before the first low voltage warning.

Reactions: Air Intel
Yes I read that on here along time ago about bringing it in at 14.8 that's what I do since a got the H I have never let a battery warning show as always on the ground for 14.8 thank you for the reply very much appreciated

Hi Guys. I'm fairly new to drone flying, and currently working towards my PfCO. Battery technology has been one of the most confusing aspects to me so far, so following the last two comments can I ask - what is a healthy Internal Resistance figure? I got an A10 charger with my Typhoon H, but don't really know what sort of resistance figure I should be looking for.

Hi Guys. I'm fairly new to drone flying, and currently working towards my PfCO. Battery technology has been one of the most confusing aspects to me so far, so following the last two comments can I ask - what is a healthy Internal Resistance figure? I got an A10 charger with my Typhoon H, but don't really know what sort of resistance figure I should be looking for.

TD,

I don’t have an exact answer as to what the IR values should be. That may vary from pack to pack.

What I do know is just like balance charging... the comparative values cell to cell should be very close to each other. It is when one or more cells have a much higher resistance value than the remaining cells, that one needs to be concerned about said pack. Just like if a single cell is has a much different charge value than the rest.

You might want to do search on “LiPo care” or “battery maintenance” both here and on the inter webs. I believe there is a very comprehensive discussion in this forum about battery care and feeding.

Good luck!

Jeff

From what info I see on the web IR values in the single milli-ohm range are good, the teens are acceptable, and into the twenties they are starting to be less efficient and close to retirement (although they can be useful for nonflight uses such as calibrations and GPS acquisitions). In multicell LiPo’s you do not want to see drastic differences between cells, like two cells in single digits and one in the teens or twenties for a 3S LiPo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval